Chapter 5

A/N- Quick question everyone. Do you guys want post-Hogwarts like the first time? Let me know.

"Ms. Ayre, you're going to be partnered with Mr. Malfoy." Professor Flitwick said,

"What?" Malfoy said, but Professor Flitwick already moved to the next group.

"I'm telling my father about this." He muttered,

"And what is your father going to do?" Madeline asked,

"Something! He'd do more than your father."

"Funny enough, more than you think," she said,

"How, he's a muggle,"

"He's a king! What's your father?"

"He's-he's- important in the ministry! Your father has no say in ministry business." He said, as feathers appeared in front of them.

"Not yet that is. He's working on it at the moment." 

"Ms. Ayer! Mr. Malfoy! Please pay attention!" Professor Flitwick said, Malfoy and Madeline sent each other death glares before looking at the Professor.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, or the ability to make objects fly. Ah, do you have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. Hum! The "Swish and Flick". Everyone, the "Swish and Flick". Good! Oh, and enunciate! Wingardium leviosa. Off you go, then!" He said, he clapped his hands together, and the students started their task.

"Wingardium leviosa!" Madeline said, waving her wand around. The feather fluttered but did not rise from the desk.

"Pathetic." Malfoy muttered,

"I'd like to see you try." Madeline muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. He took his wand out, muttering the charm, his feather fluttering just as much as Madeline's.

"Well, it seems like you are just as pathetic." Madeline smirked, Malfoy rolled her eyes, his face turning red, as a feather started flying in the air from across the room.

"Ho, oh! Well done! See here, everyone! Miss Granger's done it! Ho-ho! Splendid!" Professor Flitwick shouted, as Granger smiled looking pleased.

---

The Halloween feast was later that day, Madeline sat next to Daphne, and the boys explaining to her friends how muggles celebrated Halloween.

"So, you go house to house for candy?" Blaise asked, Madeline nodded.

"Yes,"

"But why? Is candy too expensive for muggles?" Theo asked,

"No, I mean apparently it's just fun. I've never been allowed to of course because I would need guards, and we have to make sure the candy isn't poisoned, and it's just too much work." Madeline signed, 

"Wow, I'd love to go trick-or-treating, free candy." Daphne said,

"Your one of the richest families in the wizarding world, and you want free candy?" Theo asked, 

"Yes." They said, as Madeline stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Theo asked,

"I'm just going to the restroom; I'll be right back." She said, they nodded as she walked out of the great hall, passing a very nervous Professor Quirrell.

After finishing in the bathroom, Madeline heard someone sniffing very loudly. Madeline heard the stall behind her open, and Granger came walking out, with very red eyes.

"Oh, hello." She said, seeing Madeline.

"Are you alright?" Madeline asked,

"I'm fine," Granger said,

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm-" Then they stopped talking, as the door opened, and a large ugly green troll with a big wooden club in his hand. The girls started screaming, running to the stalls, but the troll swung its club, the girls ducked down, as the stalls were smashed. Covered in wood now, the bathroom door was swung open again, and two boys ran in.

"Hermione! Move!" Weasley shouted, starting to throw wood at the troll, they crawled out from under the piles of wood, and crawled to the sinks. The troll watched them, smashing the sinks. 

"Help!" Granger and Madeline shouted, 

"Move!" Potter shouted, as the troll started smashing the sinks. The girls scooted to the side of the wall, covering their heads.

Why did I have to pee right now? Madeline shouted, as Weasley whistled.

"Hey! Pea brain! Over here!" 

"What? Arrgh!" The troll shouted as Potter had crawled up it's back and hung around its neck. The troll grumbled as he tried to get Potter off of him, Potter stuck the wand up the troll's nose. The troll started sneezing, trying to get out. It finally managed to grab Potter by the foot and shook his. Weasley took out his wand, looked at Granger before muttering the charm they learned in class earlier that day.

"Wingardium leviosa!" He yelled, the club flew in the air, hitting the troll on the head, three times before it passed out, dropping Potter in the process.

"Is it...dead?" Madeline asked, standing up with Granger.

"I don't think so. Just knocked out." Potter answered, taking his wand out from the troll's nose.

"EW!" The four shouted, looking at the snot on Potter's wand.

"Troll boogies." Weasley muttered.

"Oh, my goodness! Ex-explain yourselves, both of you!" Professor McGonagall shouted, entering with Snape, and Quirrell.

"It was my fault, Professor!" Granger said,

"Wha-Miss. Granger?" Professor McGonagall said.

"I went looking for the troll. I've read about them, and I thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me... I'd probably be dead." Granger said,

"And what about you Ms. Ayer?" Snape said, Madeline shook her head.

"I had nothing to do with this! I went to use the restroom! The troll entered after I used the bathroom!"

"She's right professor, she was here before the troll got in." Granger said, 

"Be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do. I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, and I am very disappointed in you Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you two gentlemen, well, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students could take on a fully-grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale! Five points... will be awarded to each of you... for sheer dumb luck." Professor McGonagall said, the four of them nodded before walking out of the bathroom.

Madeline walked to the Slytherin common room, a bit shaken as she muttered the password, seeing her three friends sitting on the common room couch.

"There you are! We were getting worried!" Daphne shouted,

"There was a troll!" Theo shouted, 

"I know, I saw it." She said, 

"What!" The three shouted, as Malfoy chuckled.

"It attacked me and Granger in the bathroom."

"Too bad it was too stupid to actually do anything." Malfoy said,

"Yeah, it reminded me of you." Madeline told him, making scoff, before Madeline told them what happened in the bathroom.