Chapter 1: Log In

"And this has been an outstanding discovery for both science and gaming," says a female announcer on a flat 50 inch plasma TV. ", only 20,000 copies where made and none of them where out for pre-ordering-." Ian turns off the TV and walks to his L shaped desk. On top of the desk is his gaming computer, several gaming magazines, and several PC games. He looks at his new device, which is a called a 'Neuron Pulser'.

The device is used as a helmet and has a HUD in front of it. He takes the device and lays down on his bed and puts on his Neuron Pulser. He turns on the device and the HUD turns on. "Welcome, please login." The device says. Ian puts his account and clicks login. "Welcome Caliber, would you like to play Fusion?" The device replies. Ian smiles under the helmet and clicks yes. The device starts sending pulse to shutdown the body but keeps the brain on for the artificial reality game. Ian wakes up in a dark blue room with a small hologram control center in front of him.

Ian walks up the control center and presses the on button. "Welcome to Fusion. Choose your class." A voice says while displaying two small holographic soldiers with a name on top of the soldier. The one on the left displays a Spartan IV with all recruit armor, while the one on the right displays a Clone Trooper with phase 1 armor. Ian stares at the two for sometime and swipes the Clone Trooper to the right, revealing a third class with the name Mandolorian Spartan. Ian touches the holographic soldier and enlarges to the same height as Ian.

"You have chosen a Mandolorian Spartan, a special class created during the beta for Caliber. Are you sure you would like to use this class?" Ian presses the 'ok' button and the armor then appears in front of Ian. Ian touches the armor and it starts to move and equipping itself to Ian. Ian extends his right arm and swipes downwards, activating his mini-menu with 4 circular button and a small light that is pulsing around the first one.

To the right of the pulsing button is a small display of a grey filled person, and surrounding the person are 12 circles in the position of a clock. To the right of the first circular button is a rectangle divided into 3 parts. The top reads 'items' the middle reads 'skills' and the bottom reads 'equipment/abilities' Ian then starts going down the 4 circular buttons until he the pulse reaches the last button which has a small mountain in the middle. To the right of the button is a mini-map about reaching a mile radius. He then clicks on the teleport button to the right side of the 4th circular button. Ian starts to disintegrate into nothing and in a matter of seconds he is in a big plaza in the middle of the city. At the same time other players start to appear. Ian smirks and looks up into the bright blue sky. "I'm back." Ian says as he runs into the market place.

Everything seems so...real. Of course it does, it's a Artificial Reality game, meaning that everything has gone through MONTHS of coding just to make it seem like it was a reality. The difference between Virtual Reality and this, is that AR has a lot more coding into even the smallest of things, making it look better than a simple virtual reality game. The difference is major if you were to truly experience Artificial Reality. This game allows you to feel everything. from joy to sadness, to anger or despair. Pleasure, and Pain.
-----