Chapter 48 - Too Loud

"Yuri calm down, I can explain"

"It's okay. It's my fault. You don't have to worry. I didn't see anything. I don't know what was happening there. You don't have to worry" I shake my head trying to convince him and get the mental images out of my head.

"Yuri" he voiced it out in a calm way but it only gave me chills and not the good kind.

Just looking at his flushed cheeks and ruffled hair brought back the images I saw in the bathroom and I shook my head again.

I am too close to him. Enough for his sweet cologne and the faint smell of alcohol to infiltrate my senses.

He'd been drinking as well.

I look up at him again and see his eyes slowly adjusting to everything that's happening, a cloudy haze lifting from his kind brown eyes.

Why did I have a knack for witnessing things I shouldn't?

I don't want this superpower!

I just wanted him to go back to that girl and I wanted to get the hell away from here.

As if on cue the girl walks out of the bathroom with a frown on her face, more clothed than before, and stares at both of us at the end of the hall. Her frown only deepens when she sees us together like this.

"It's not it loo-"

"Are you coming back Soobin?" she asks with her arms folded over her chest as he challenges me for a stare-down I have absolutely no interest in. I look away and try to push Soobin away but his arm on me is stiff.

"You go ahead, I'll join the party in a bit" he dismisses her in a cool voice that is enough to raise goosebumps in my arms.

I look anywhere but at him or the girl. I don't think Soobin plans on letting me go. He'll probably threaten me not to tarnish his reputation or something.

I have to mentally prepare for the worst.

"I am glad you came. I had lost hope since you didn't show up at the fundraiser and you didn't know the address of the lake house" he pouts, his ugly boyish charm returning to his disheveled form.

His raven hair, once styled to perfection, is now mused, strands falling on his forehead but still holding the initial style's side part. His maroon bowtie is undone and the first two buttons are popped open of his silk white shirt. His blazer has a similar gold intricate design as Beomgyu's but is slightly different.

I avert my eyes and drop my hands to my side as soon as my eyes take in the peek of the collarbone from the open shirt.

He seemed awfully comfortable in this position so I coughed and cleared my throat. "Do you mind letting me go?" I ask without looking at him.

I am not sure whether it is my imagination or not but I feel his arms tighten around me a little before he drops his hands to the side, leaning his head on the wall as he watches me take a good few steps away from him.

Finally, when his cologne and the smell of alcohol are not saturating my senses, I look at him.

"I am glad you came" he gives me his bunny smile, putting his dimples on display. I am sure that smile charms a lot of people but knowing who he is, is enough to dilute any charms he might throw my way.

"Yeah well Beomgyu didn't leave me much choice" I shrug.

Soobin's drunk smile diminishes enough for the dimples to disappear. I look around us and then back at the stairs.

I should go down.

Any whisper of sleep or tiredness went out of my mind after the whole bathroom thing.