Chapter 61 - Potential Date Material

This week was long. It has been a week since Soobin came into Hive. After that, he didn't mention anything.

We crossed paths a couple of times and he was civil. He was more than civil. He was his usual friendly self.

I was the idiot, stuttering and blushing every time he was near me.

I was an intelligent girl and yet I became a red statue every time I had to speak to him.

It wasn't that I had a crush on him but my mind wandered to the night when he kind of - but I am not sure - asked me out on a date.

He did not mention anything remotely similar ever since. To the point, I feel like I may have suffered a hallucination.

It wasn't, particularly that I was attracted to him. No doubt, he is very handsome but I never imagined anything with him. Hell, I didn't imagine anything romantic with anyone.

The idea of a high school romance sounds good theoretically but I didn't ever think it would happen in real life. And that too with me!

I am getting way ahead of myself again.

He may have been joking. He may have meant the date as a small harmless joke. Or maybe it is the term that is used for people to hang out.

I don't know.

I was spiraling.

I told Woojin and Saehi what happened but not San. We were still angry at each other.

Woojin high-fived me saying that I was all grown up and making innuendos about how my beauty in the god-awful yellow uniform must have blinded him and fogged his judgment.

And Saehi took it more realistically and told me to be a little careful because there is never knowing what is serious and what isn't with the Royals. And then she proceeded to ask me how I was feeling about this situation.

Honestly, I don't know.

I have never paid attention to the possibility of dating or anything remotely close to that because it was a luxury I couldn't afford.

I was working 3 jobs from the age of thirteen and school. If I ever got some free time, I spent it helping my parents run the noodle shop or studying so that my schoolwork didn't pile up.

As a result of my lifestyle, I never really paid much attention to my appearance. Well, I want to look presentable wherever I go, whether at school, work, or anywhere outside but that is where it ended.

I never dressed to look pretty for someone, never followed the trends, and tried makeup that looked good on my features or made my eyes look brighter and bigger.

These were all things that took too much time and money, both of which were scarce to me.

This led to zero interest from any guys in my school looking at me with any perspective other than a simple friend.

That is what I thought here, in Royals High as well. I mean, I was a nobody. I didn't stand out in front of the crowd because of my looks and neither did I have a family name that made me a crowd favorite.

On the contrary, I think, whatever my involvement with the Royals was, it led to more speculations than interest of people.

So Soobin's statement... caught me off guard.

This was the first time a guy had said something like this to me. That is why my reactions were so animated around him. It had nothing to do with me generating feelings for him because he kind of asked me out.

Yes, definitely.

And besides, he didn't mention anything of that sort after that so maybe he didn't mean it. Maybe he said it to get a reaction out of me.