Chapter 31 - Warnings

"Where have you been, and why did you miss 2 classes?" San interrogates me as soon as I am at the entrance of the cafeteria.

How did he know?

"I wanted to talk to you after class so I went to your classroom and you weren't there. I thought you left early but the same happened in the next class so I figured you skipped class" he can read my mind, I am sure.

He pins me with a look and I know I am not walking through those doors unless I answer him.

I sigh.

"I was at the library," I say.

I won't elaborate.

There was no need to tell him about my mini panic attack. I know he is worried about me a lot and there is no need to add to that.

"Going to the library I understand but missing class?" he asks skeptically.

I just roll my eyes at him.

"Also, didn't I warn you to stay away from the guys in leather jackets? The next thing I see is you hanging out with Taehyun, seriously?" he asks exasperated.

San looks like he is in a really bad mood.

"Well, it would have been better if I got some explanation along with the warning you know?" I don't want to tick him off more but at the same time, I want to defend myself.

I didn't know that smart-ass was someone special.

Hell! Everyone here is someone special!

"First of all, I didn't know who he was and he wasn't wearing the jacket when I first met him. I didn't even know Soobin was one of the leather jacket people, okay? Today has been really exhausting. Can we drop this for now?" I plead and try to move past him.

"You met Soobin?" he asks with his brows scrunched up in confusion.

Yeah right.

I forgot to fill San in on the whole coffee shenanigan. I told Woojin about it when I received the parcel but then telling San slipped my mind with all the preparation for my first day here.

"Yeah I spilled coffee on him when I went for the uniform fitting" I call back as I keep moving forward to get in the line for the cafeteria.

I don't even pay attention to the people or the big space surrounding me. Even though I feel stared at me for what I can only think of is Yeonjun's doing, I don't cower.

At least for now.

Because I am too hungry and my mind is only fixed on one thing.

Food.

The smell of warm confectionery wafts through my nostrils and I don't care about anything else.

"Yuri, I am asking you something, hello? Why didn't you tell me about it?" San fires his questions at me.

"I am really hungry so can we have this conversation after I've had my lunch?" I snap at him.

He raises his hands up in surrender.

He knows better than to mess with me when I am hungry.

"I am only asking because I am concerned," he says tentatively.

I sigh again as I take 3 cheese buns and 2 fruit cups. I eye between the grilled fish and pork tonkatsu. First is the healthier option but like I am going to pass up on tonkatsu. I load my plate with a serving of tonkatsu and rice with gravy and finally grab a square of brownies and 2 chocolate-covered strawberries.