Chapter 79 - The Choi House

"Earth to Yuri? Are you there?" a hand waves in front of my face and it snaps me out of my haze.

After the encounter with Soobin and Yeonjun, my head was not in the right space. I needed some air and went to sit outside on the bench in the common courtyard but it was soon time for my class and no boy was worth missing my classes.

Especially when I was actually doing good.

I remember Yeonjun calling out to me when I walked away from both the brothers but I didn't listen or turn back around.

No matter how much I tried I always ended up in a whirlwind between them both.

The sad reality was that even though I gave myself a pep talk that I needed to focus on my studies and classes and not fret over two Choi boys in my life, that encounter kept my brain in a haze throughout the entire class.

I jot down a revision of this lecture in my notebook that I use as a journal. Having the important to-dos on paper really helps me organize my priorities at the end of the day and keep track of my progress.

"The class ended five minutes ago. Hello, do I not exist for you?" I finally registered the voice.

Beomgyu was sitting on the desk in front of my seat with his feet perched up on the chair.

"Hi, sorry, I have a lot on my mind" I shrug.

"Yeah, I can see but I don't think that notes are going to be any of your help... Theory of alliteration... can be solved when we think about the two can be maroon black hair?" he reads off the sentence from my lecture notes and I snatch the paper away from him.

I stare at the sheet in utter disbelief.

I know I was not paying much attention but I didn't think I would be writing gibberish. I feel extremely embarrassed and Beomgyu's laughter does not help my case.

"It's okay. Don't be embarrassed. I'll lend you my notes for this class" he suggests and I shake my head, gathering my things.

"You don't have to do that. I'll go over the lecture and the chapter once I get home" I put my bag over my shoulder and start walking out of the classroom.

"Why Yuri, do you think my notes are not up to your standards? I am hurt" Beomgyu in his Beomgyu fashion feigns hurt, clutching the shirt over his chest and opening his mouth in an 'o'.

I just roll my eyes at him.

"Heyo gang what's up?" Saehi comes around the corner with her bag over her shoulder.

"Just giving over Yuri thinking my academic standards of taking notes are subpar and that is the greatest insult that I think I have received to date" Beomgyu continues with his dramatics.

"Huh, weird, I thought coloring your hair the color of a carrot was the biggest insult you received but then again, it would be a more serious insult to carrots" Saehi bites back and Beomgyu grimaces in return.

"Who invited you to our best-friend super duo? We don't need a sidekick" Beomgyu makes a shooing gesture at Saehi and she flips him the bird.

"Please, get away from me before I sidekick your face" Saehi retorts.

"Bring it on" Beomgyu puts his hands up in fists and narrows his eyes at Saehi.

I stand in between them and push them away from each other. I know they are joking and I don't believe Beomgtyu will actually start a fight with Saehi but I can't put anything past him.

And given my luck, both of them might actually end up in a fistfight.

"Okay, no fighting on school grounds. Let's just walk out in peace" I urge both of them to walk side by side and thankfully they agree.