Chapter 1 - Royals High

Today is just like any other day.

I am at my third part-time job dealing with rude customers while putting on a fake smile. There was nothing out of the ordinary today.

Then why was there a strange feeling in my gut? Like the one, you get just before something terrible happens?

"Yuri, can you lock up tonight? Please, please, pretty please?" Woojin asks me with his best pout and puppy eyes.

"What? Why? My shift is about to end in 5 minutes Woojin. I can't stay for the next hour. I am tired" I complain. I already had a really long day today. I just want to go home, have some noodles, and sleep.

"Please. You will be doing me a really big favor" he folds his hands and gets down on his knees in front of me.

"Yah! Get up. There are people around" I scold him. Woojin and his dramatics. Although it is the end of the day and we don't have a lot of traffic, there are still some students around.

"Please. Today is my 100th day with Songa. I have planned a lot for her. Her curfew is 10 pm. You know if I don't meet her today, how she will react. Please, Yuri. I beg you, you will be doing me a big favor" he pouts again.

Even though I try my best to not be affected by him, in the end, I sigh.

"Yes! Thank you so much. Thank you" he gets up and hugs me.

He knows that I will eventually give in. If this was San, this would be a whole other conversation. Woojin knows I will always help him out.

Again the strange feeling in my gut escalates and I attribute it to the sheer hunger I have right now. I have been so busy going from one work to another that I didn't even realize I missed lunch today.

"Excuse me, I would like to place my order" a pretty girl stands on the opposite side of the counter and voices out in a clipped tone.

She looks at Woojin and me and there is a sneer on her lips like it is a pain to come and talk to us.

Likewise.

If only could tell her that.

I gave her a once over.

Her short hair is in a perfect bob. She has diamonds in her ears and eyes narrowed on me. Her skin is smooth with minimal makeup, the type of no-makeup look you can only get after a lot of practice.

She smells floral, a little too much, a little too fake and she keeps her lips pursed as she chews on a gum. The uniform stands out and blends in at the same time.

She is neat and pristine.

she is wearing white knee-high socks with maroon stripes at the end with black ballet flats. Her navy blue skirt is pleated and too short, but instead of looking trashy, it looks chic and trendy on her.

The white shirt she wears underneath her maroon blazer is crisp with thin pleats in front and without a single stain. The maroon and navy striped tie sits perfectly in the middle of the shirt but what stands out most is the blazer.

It is a blazer we all know. The dark maroon of the blazer and the smooth material only highlight the breast pocket's gold.

Royals high is written in golden calligraphy.

Her attitude makes a lot more sense now.

I bite back a scowl and stare back at her.

"Hello. Welcome to the Hive. What would you like to order?" I ask in my best fake smile and cheery voice.

The girl in front of me doesn't seem to care about my effort.

"One strawberry milkshake and one mint chocolate ice cream" she orders in a clipped tone.