Chapter 46 - You're Coming With Me

I don't know how I got through the day but I did. I completed my classes, stayed at the library for an extra hour to complete some worksheets, went home, helped out at the restaurant, went to tutor the student I had to teach, and then came back home for a quick snack followed by a quick change of clothes into the Hive uniform and then came in for my shift at Hive.

The next day, I woke up, went to school, completed classes, avoided going to lunch, went home, to a restaurant, tutored, and Hive slept.

Repeat.

I managed to avoid the Royals successfully for the rest of the week.

Beomgyu had tracked my Instagram account and kept asking me questions but I think even he understood that he would not get an answer from me so he resorted to sending me memes that he found funny.

I had asked Saehi to not tell San about our conversation and she promised but I am sure San understood something was up with me because I wasn't speaking about anything to him.

Even when he and Woojin made plans for the weekend, I declined their invitations.

I got a text from San telling me that he will drop by during my shift to talk to me at Hive. Thankfully the last customer was out and it wouldn't be too bad if I closed up a little early.

I didn't like taking the closing shift again and again at the Hive but this was my only opening slot. The parents of the student I tutor agreed to hike my pay after learning that I was going to Royals High now and that was the reason I could afford to let go of the chicken delivery job.

But the hike wasn't enough for me to leave Hive as well.

I am drained both mentally and physically.

The dull headache that formed at the base of my forehead ever since I got to know about the Royals has been persistent, like a nail drilling into my skull, and refuses to go away no matter how many pills I take.

And my muscles are strained beyond their breaking point by riding my bicycle all day because the delivery boy at the noodle restaurant called in sick today.

I can't wait to go home, take a hot shower and just sleep this day away.

Maybe sleep the week away.

Maybe I can wake up to a work-free weekend tomorrow but the chances are less. However, I'd still like to live in my bubble and think that I am like most high school kids who enjoy their weekends without studies and work and go out with friends to have a good time.

I text my mother letting her know that I'll be home soon as I wipe the last counter and pulls the chairs up.

I go through my routine and check everything before taking the trash out.

I hesitate a little when I am near the trash can, my eyes wandering behind them, searching when I scold myself.

Get a hold of yourself, Yuri, what are you doing?

Yeonjun didn't show up here after my talk with Saehi. I am happy about it. I am, then why was I searching for him?

I shake my head, dump the trash, and walk back in.

I was just worried that if he showed up, I'll have to go home late. And I don't want that because I am tired and hungry and I wanted to do anything but entertain any more customers.

That's it.

"Oh my God!" I shriek when I see a silhouette sitting on the counter with their feet dangling in the air.

"Chill, It's me" the faintly familiar voice calls out as the person jumps down and walks towards me, their laughter echoing as I slide down the doorframe clutching my chest, hoping my heart didn't go into cardiac arrest.