Chapter 34 - Helping Hand

"Yes, crypto really is taking over the market," someone at the table says but I don't look up, and honestly I don't care.

For the past 10 minutes the people at this table have been discussing various topics, jumping from one to another but none that really interested me and none that really made sense to me.

I just kept playing with my food, my appetite dying a long time ago.

Over the past 10 minutes, I kept quiet mostly just answering and nodding to respond when needed, and discovered a little about each of them.

Beomgyu had no interest in these conversations either but he was much more vocal about it unlike me.

The only thing he was concerned with was music and he kept whining about how the lyrics were just not coming to him.

He was also Soobin's cousin.

Kai was an actor, already been in multiple Korean as well as Hollywood movies. It made sense why he looked so flawless.

And why he was so famous around the girls here. Within this 10 minutes at least 5 different girls had come to talk to him.

Also, after racking my brain I remembered even I have watched one of his movies.

Taehyun was a genius. There wasn't anything he didn't know about Science and technology-related.

The only time his bored expression changed in the slightest, showing a little bit of excitement was when he was discussing the current trends of tech in the market or some research that interested him.

I envied him.

Soobin was the most well-mannered of them, always with a hint of a smile on his face and he was the only one apart from Beomgyu and Bahiyyih who made an attempt to actively engage me in conversations.

From what I gathered about him in this short span was that he was an excellent student academically and he was really into real estate, talking about some project he was passionate about but his parents weren't letting him handle the project alone.

And then there was Yeonjun.

If there was anyone at this table who was ever quieter than me, it had to be Yeonjun.

Only Beomgyu was the one who tried to engage him in the conversation that was going on and even then his answers were short grunts or one word.

He was worse than me.

His expression was similar to mine as if he couldn't wait to get away from this place. The only difference was that I was trying to hide the fact that I didn't want to be here and he made it very clear.

I had noticed he hadn't had more than a couple of bites of his food, only toying with it with his jaws hard.

Was he that mad about sitting beside me?

I mean there was another seat available. He could have just sat there.

I could only see his side profile since he didn't raise his head in the conversation once. He oscillated his attention between the food on his tray and his phone.

The angles of his face were hard, his jaw and cheekbones sharp, his eyebrows scrunched up in what I can only assume to be un-comfortableness.

His ear was pierced in multiple places and I was shocked I hadn't noticed it before.

The silvers glinted in the light and made them more eye-catching. That was the only reason I noticed them.

I realized he had cut his hair since it wasn't past his shoulder anymore in a mullet.