Chapter 71 - At My Worst

"That's the principal, is it not?" I ask Yeonjun for confirmation even though I am sure I recognize the voice outside this room.

"Yes" he looks panicked although I am not sure why. She sounds angry so he must have gotten himself in trouble again.

Why do I always end up with him when he is in trouble?

I am panicking to the point where I have tears in my eyes.

I was just happy an hour ago when I saw my result and hoped to continue in Royals High but now the chances of me entering this school tomorrow are less.

But why am I panicking?

I did not break any rules. Right?

I don't have any class right now. I would have just gone to the library to study a bit when Yeonjun pulled me into the classroom.

I am not sure whether he has class right now but I should not be in any trouble, right? There is nothing to be afraid of.

If she sees me with him, I can say that he wanted to discuss something with me and that is it.

It is not like we're making out or something. And neither of us are breaking any rules.

At least not right now.

From the principal's voice, it kind of seems like Yeonjun is in trouble for something but he will handle it.

What is the most that can happen?

He is a Royals after all.

I take a deep breath and take a few steps towards the door when Yeonjun yanks me back. He has a part terrified and part furious look on his face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He whisper yells.

"It is the principal outside. She seemed angry at you. I was about to open the door" I say like it should make absolute sense.

"And then what Sherlock?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"And... Tell her I am going to the library?" It comes out more as a question than a statement.

In my head, the entire ordeal sounded much clearer and better. However, now that I say it out loud, it doesn't make much sense.

Yeonjun understands that and scoffs. He pulls me along with him to the end of the classroom, trying to search for something.

"Here, hide here. I'll deal with her" he motions for me to get into the cupboard. I just look at him, getting Deja Vu from my first day at Royals High.

"What? No. What if she is angry that you're here with me? I should be there if it can help" I suggest but I honestly don't think my presence will be of any help.

"Trust me, you don't want to deal with her. You just know her as the principal of Royals High but I know her better. She is the wife of the Chairman of the Choi group. I know why she is here. Do as I say and hide in here. Do not come out till she or both of us are out of the room" With that he pushes me into the cupboard and closes the door.

The shout increases along with the knock and I suddenly fear what is going to happen to Yeonjun.

I try to fight him on this but he is adamant as he closes the door.

The closet door is similar to blinds so I can still see him but I do as I say and keep quiet. The wooden slabs obstruct my vision but the gaps are enough for me to see what is happening in the classroom.

I see him open the door and the principal storms in. I don't like the pit forming in my stomach. It is the feeling that you get when you eat something bad. But I am sure my feeling has nothing to do with what I ate for lunch.