part 7

The silence filled the office room

The silence filled the office room. There was a lot of chaos going out but nothing seemed to bother the environment inside. Everything was quiet. Mr Mehta just twitched his eyes and kept looking at Prisha and Ishan again and again. It was really hard to read his expression.

Prisha had hopes in her eyes, she made direct eye contact with the chairman of Narcotics hoping he will be convinced. Ishan whose heartbeat was getting faster every second kept looking at Mr Mehta. It's completely his decision, if he doesn't agree and releases the news, prisha's hard work and Ishan's hopes will be shattered in pieces.

" Look ms. Rao. We don't agree to such proposals. You aren't the only one, we get a lot of such proposals from the government and celebrities who wants us to keep their crime a secret. But, you see it's all over media. They offer us bribes and money. Which we gladly decline like how I am declining your request"
He sighed. Prisha who was hoping that something positive will come out, felt like dwelling in an ocean and Ishan's ground shook beneath him.

Prisha inclined her head in agreement and made up her mind, to let them release the news in front of the media. Whatever takes place they'll handle it. After all, they have to convince the high court and not the people.
These people will be getting mad either way at Ishan and take things from a different perspective like " Ishan was high on drugs and raped Aditi" Or
" Ishan couldn't control his luscious behaviour and went over Aditi after drug consumption" Media craves for such news and titles. And people will indeed believe it. It's a plus point for Aditi.

They both stood up but before they can go out Mr. Mehta called them in again " But since You are asking me for a day. I wouldn't mind I just want you to be true to your words. If you make up some other story for me and try to fool me in any way Ms Rao being a lawyer is well aware of the consequences that will take place according to the law. " He told directly looking at Ishan.

Ishan who was ordered to be quiet by Prisha now opened his mouth and gave Assurity to that daunting man with doubts.
Prisha and Ishan both knew now what happened that night and that Ishan is not Guilty they still have high desires that destiny will let them win this case.

With a big goofy smile, prisha entered the car and Driver's uncle was shocked to see them entering because he was eating Vadapav and they came out unexpectedly. He thought it will take time for them but here they are. " Aree, uncle you eat. Even if we are hungry can you please bring one for me" Ishan requested the driver uncle
" Thanks, beta and yes I'll. Ms Rao do you need vada pav" He asked at Prisha who was consumed in her phone.
" Ohh yes, sorry for not paying attention. But I do need one. And please call me Prisha. "
Ishan just shook his head at her antics of how she doesn't like formalities but can be really professional at times.
" Oh, and you also call me Ramu Kaka " With this he went off.

Prisha kept her phone aside and looked at Ishan. He seemed melancholic and was just staring at his lap. He has gotten very quiet, rarely smiles, and doesn't even maintain his physical appearance well. Prisha is concerned about her best friend, she thinks he is depressed but she can't put it off on him like that. She wants Ishan to talk to her, not only about His case but about himself.
About his mental health but she can't take the topic of depression out in front of him.