Chapter 13.5: The Recording

Daisy was wandering about the halls of school, It was another busy day for her, but... She couldn't help but worry about her friend, Jake. He's been notably absent for a while now, and she's been trying to contact him, but he hasn't been responsive. Occasionally, She'd see that he read it, but... thats it.

She heard arguing nearby, snapping her out of her thoughts. The voices sounded familiar... and then she hears...

"Guys, I really don't think this is right."

Sean says, causing Zander to look back at him. Zander was clearly agitated, and on the fence of soemthing. Daisy went closer to the door to listen closer

"Are you kidding me?! He BETRAYED us! Just like I KNEW he would!"

Zander Barked, the club getting quiet. Daisy started to record, in hopes of sending this to Jake, Hopefully so he'll come back as she was suspecting the club was about to forgive him...

"Zander's right, Guys."

Milly said, and Luke nods.

"He was pretty strange, I mean... He did all of that stuff, gaining our trust, and as soon as he did, He said a bunch of stuff, even taunted your stage freight Hailey."

Luke says, Causing Hailey to bite her lip.

"...Guys, I don't think he meant it..."

Hailey tries to utter, only for Zander to interject.

"Fine then, But I know how to make sure."

Zander says, Causing Hailey to blink and tilt her head.

"How?"

She asks, only for Zander to explain his thought process, and then go on to the plan.

"We do exactly what he did. We gain his trust, let him open up about secrets, and then-"

"Zander... Are you crazy?! I am NOT doing that to Jake!"

Hailey interrupts, almost angered by her step brothers suggestion.

"Just hear me out, Hailey. We aren't going to send it out to the school, only to him."

Zander says, crossing his arms. Milly would step in.

"Actually, Who would be the one to gain his trust?"

Zander blinks and stares at Milly.

"Hailey, Obviously. He always did get closer to her."

Milly nods in agreement, as does Luke. Sean and Hailey seemed on the edge.

"Guys, even if he did mean those things, your solution is to just fight fire with fire? seriously?"

Seans says, then sighs.

"Alright, But. Only if you promise to stop if you DO find that he is innocent."

Seans says, and Zander crosses his arms.

"Pheh, I'm so sure that he meant it that I WILL promise that."

He said arrogantly, and Hailey sighed.

"...Fine... We'll do it."

Daisy was shocked. She couldn't believe that they were planning this.... She stopped recording and left. Daisy could NOT believe this! And Sean even let them go through with it?! She has to warn Jake as soon as she can! Hopefully before Jake returns to school... She shot him a text, but of course... No response.

'Jake? Are you okay? I really need to talk to you!'

Days later... Its the day he came back to school... She shot him a text.