Finale Part 4: Breaking Point

Some time had passed since Jake had returned to his original point in time. He hadn't heard from the voice, but... everything went back to normal. It was just... A little odd for Jake to adjust. Occasionally he'd run into the club and... He'd shudder for a moment before snapping out of it. It felt like he had unfinished business that could never be resolved now. at home, Jake would just... sit alone in bed. He'd ignore his phone for about an hour before finally answer and it was... Really bothering Hailey.

"...Does... He not love me anymore Zander...? Whenever we're together... It takes him an hour just to grow comfortable around me... It's like hes... not the same person anymore... I understand he'd... basically experienced a whole different reality but... It's been almost a month... We've been nothing but supportive... He's even distant from Daisy..."

Hailey rants, Zander putting a hand on his sisters shoulder, Trying to comfort her.

"Well... I don't know what that dumbass is thinking, but... It is everyone he usually talks to... He just... freezes up, as if he expects us to lash out or something."

Hailey held back tears, her mind skipping into the worst thought to ever cross her mind.

"...What if he replaced me... us..."

Zander widened his eyes before looking away, considering it for a moment, then Hailey's phone buzzed. Jake finally replied.

'Hey, Sorry I took so long to reply, I was playing on the switch with Milo. Uh, Are you alright?'

Hailey stared at the message, wanting so badly to just... put it down and ignore him because she knew he was lying. even if he didn't replace her, she knew he purposely didn't reply for some reason.

'...I'm okay Jake, What about you? Also, I'm glad you and Milo are getting along. He really was worried about you when you got into that accident.'

Hailey responds, only to receive a message after a minute.

'...I know, He tells me that alot... Uhm... Hey, How about we... Actually, Nevermind... S-Sorry haha...'

Jake had sent back... Hailey's eyebrows furrowed.

'Uh...? what was that about? do you need another minute?'

Jake didn't reply for about 5 minutes, leaving Hailey to steady herself, keeping composure.

'Yeah, Sorry. Uhm... How about we play something online?'

He asked, and Hailey softly smiled, despite her feelings, it.. always seemed to make her smile when he'd offer to spend any form of time with her.

Meanwhile, with Jake. Jake would pace around his room, then heard a knock on the door. Jake's head whipped towards the door as he went over to it to open it, and there was Elliot, having a worried look on his face.

"Hey Jake, are you okay? I heard the commotion from your room for the past hour, what's going on?"

Elliot questioned, putting a hand on Jake's shoulder. Jake looking at Elliot's hand with a bit of a tense expression. Jake sighed and gently pushed off his hand.

"I'm okay, El, I'm uh...just about to play some games with Hailey."

Elliot noticed his tense expression, simply understanding. Jake had opened up to him about his experience after everything that happened, despite doing his best to support Jake, he couldn't help but occasionally lecture him about how he is treating his friends, despite everything, right now he's growing distance from them, and eventually he'll lose them. Elliot told Jake this every now and then when he'd notice how bad it was.

"That's good... Don't push them away Jake, They care about you."

He says, and Jake nodded.

"I'm trying bro... I am..."