Chapter 3: Rekindling

"Hailey...?"

Jakes voice came out soft, and in disbelief.

Okay this is happening... Breathe, He can't hurt you again, right?

Hailey thought to herself, Her breathing was hitched, but it continued, going from its normal state to a now quiet soft breathe every few seconds.

Jakes eyes stared into hers for a while, Both were frozen in silence, neither knew how to break the ice.

"Hailey, I-"

Jake tried to start talking, which causes Hailey to flinch, She took a small step back. Jake,of course, noticed. Cutting himself off, both going back into silence. Jake looked away.

"I'm... late to class..."

Jake muttered, his eyes were half closed, Jake still looked terrible, His eyes were red, and he had harsh bags under his eyes. He didn't want to make things worse, so he tried to leave. Hailey looked at him before grabbing his wrist.

"No."

Jake flinched, Her tone was... harsh, but also... Hurt. He couldn't blame her, This was all his fault after all. He trash talked his friends, his real friends, His family. and instead of telling them? He tried to sweep it all under a rug, like the two faced coward he was... like the two faced traitor they knew he was...

"Wh...What?"

Jake asked, Questioning why she had stopped him. Did she... actually want to hear him out? But why wouldn't she respond to him just now then?What's going through her mind?

"...Why?"

She asked, Her voice came out more commanding then as a question.

"Why did you do it Jake. I thought... No... I know You meant everything you did for us... You have a strong passion... So why are you tossing us out? Are we really just freaks that you-"

"Thats not true Hailey! I promise!... I didn't mean what I said, I swear! I..."

He bit his tongue, Struggling. His eyes closing for a moment, taking in a breathe, about to say more but Hailey cut him off.

"Then why haven't you left that posse of yours... And why would you let everyone else see what you said?.."

Jake flinched, He had almost forgotten.

"It wasn't me..."

He spoke, Looking down.

"Zoey... She recorded me that night... They... They egged me on... I just-"

"How. How did they wind you up so much that you would say all of that? What could have warranted you attacking me, and everyone in the club, no, This family."

Jake's eyes were struggling to stay open, He was devastatingly tired, but he also didn't know how to explain himself. He tries to reposition himself to stay upright. He can't back down now, if he does, Hailey may never talk things out again with him... Why did it have to be when he was so tired though.

"I...Just... I got Jealous...! Okay? I... I saw Sean and Daisy in the Music room... I told Drew and the others... and then... Lia showed me a photo of them seemingly out on a date... I was... I wasn't in my right mind, then They started to insult you guys and I tried to defend you guys... But then I... ... I can't... ... remember... Ugh... My... My head..."

Jake places a hand on his head, His head was pounding along with boiling hot. Jake Closing his eyes for a moment, right before passing out, right there and then. Thankfully, Hailey caught him so he wouldn't fall down the stairs.