Chapter 5: Jake's Last Show

Jake woke up upon hearing his alarm clock ringing, unlike yesterday, he woke up normally. He punched his alarm clock to make it stop. He took a deep breathe... and He heard his phone buzz. He looked down at it curiously as he read the following message.

'Did you sleep okay?'

It was...Hailey? Jake wasn't expecting her to message him.

'Did you miss me or something?'

Jake smugly smirked slightly at his response. but immediately facepalmed.

Nice job idiot, she's probably going to ignore you now.

He flinches when she actually did reply to that.

'Idiot. I'm just making sure you're not going to make me leave you in the nurses office again.'

He felt a bit embarrassed, He almost forgot she was the one who'd have brought him there. He quickly got up noticing the time was 7:59 already, Shoot! he's going to be late!

'I'll talk to you later then, I have to get ready.'

Hailey read the message but hadn't replied. Jake just figured she didn't want to talk more anyways. He quickly changed into some...new clothes surprisingly. Only because since he slept in early, He hadn't a chance to wash his normal clothes.

 Only because since he slept in early, He hadn't a chance to wash his normal clothes

Jake just looked at himself for a moment. Huh, it didn't look too bad, but he did...feel weird not wearing his Jacket. He contemplated wearing his dirty clothes, but then gasped.

"I'M LATE!!!!!"

He quickly ran out of the room, saying bye to his family. He ran as fast as he could to school, reaching the campus, he saw Daisy walking by, She tried calling him but he quickly told her he can't talk and ran into class, slightly sweating as he exhaled. he made it just a few seconds before the bell rang.

"I- hff Made itttt"

He groaned, walking to his seat and sitting down. He caught his breath a few minutes later. The class went by as normal as it could, Jake still heard taunts and whispers about him circling the class. He sighed, looking down at his work paper as he scribbled away at the answers. Hailey seemed to be looking at him, But he didn't really notice, he was trying to tune out the class, only for him to be snapped out of his thoughts when someone slammed a book on his desk. He flinched and sat back.

"Huh?"

He looked up, biting the inside of his cheek. It wasn't anyone he knew, but it was someone in the class. He seemed agitated, and disgusted.

"What the hell are you doing here Jake?"

He asked, causing Jake to be,,, slightly confused.

"This is my class, like it is yours. I don't see why I wouldn-"

The teacher furrowed their eye brows.

"Jack, What do you think you are doing? You are disrupting my class."