Chapter 9: Saving the show at last.

It's been a while after Zander had chased Jake, both eventually grew tired while Hailey was watching, laughing at the two. They made a pact to let it go for now, and that is when Hailey had a realization.

"Wait... Guys, It's... It's Thursday..."

Hailey said in a bit of a alarmed tone. Jake looked over and noticed her panic, slightly confused. Zander was also confused.

"The competition... It's..."

Jake's eyes widened. He quickly zooms to her side and holds her hand gently, trying to keep her calm.

"Hey- Hey it's going to be okay Princess, I still remember the song, As long as we get practice in, We can still win the competition!"

Zander looked at Jake, shaking his head.

"Hailey hasn't said you're back in yet, If you forgot. Don't go making decisions."

Zander looked at Jake, who was a bit surprised and confused. Jake looked at Hailey, who seemed really conflicted, scared, and nervous now. Sweat fell off her head, but Jake started to speak softly.

"But...Everything's resolved now, I thought..?"

"E-Everything is better between all of us...But...I..."

She looked away, clenching her teeth. Jake was slightly worried, did he do something bad?

"Did I mess something up again?"

He asks, clearly worried.

"I don't...want you to feel pressured into doing this all...I don't...feel like we deserve your help after what we all did to you..."

Jake's expression changed to one of confusion.

"Hailey, What are you talking about? I want to help you guys.. I want to sing, it's always been my dream... And I want to share that dream with you..."

He placed a gentle hand on her cheek, brushing her teal hair out of her face, which caused Hailey's face to light up in red, while Zander just stood there, clearing his throat. Jake quickly stumbled on his words for a moment.

"A-And the club, of course!"

Zander just facepalmed at him, meanwhile Hailey giggled at him stumbling on his words, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, Jake... Alright, I...I renounce you back into the Music Club... help us knock the audience dead."

Jake smiled, holding Hailey's hand and nodding.

"We'll rock their socks off, Princess."

Zander is feeling like a massive third wheel right now, so he just groans in annoyance, leaving the two alone so he could go to the music club room. Upon reaching the club room, it was sightly awkward at first, but in very little time it was like nothing had even happened. They rocked on for a while, catching some attention from various students, but some of them were still iffy about this whole thing, what if this was a prank set up by the club? or was it something else. What was going on? I mean, for almost the whole week the club seemed to despise Jake, but all of a sudden he's let back?

Jake noticed the other students watching them with confused and conflicted expressions, it slightly irked him, but there was nothing he could do about it. Zander noticed, covering the windows on the door with blinds so they'd stop staring. Jake felt slightly more comfortable, but everyone else had sighed.

"Guys, I'm really sorry... For everything."

Jake started, but everyone looked at him as if he were crazy, except Hailey who walked up to him and held his hand firmly.