Chapter 7.5: The Monster In The Closet

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN SOME VERY GOREY SCENES, SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
You also do not need to read this chapter as it is canon, but not needed to continue the story.

ONTO THE STORY~!

Hailey stood there, Frozen still as she looked at the camera in front of her, Her phone having a display of Jakes camera as he was looking at her with a fully serious expression. Her face went completely white for a moment before starting to turn slightly pink. Zander could hear this all from the room next door. He didn't intervene, he already told her he wouldn't mingle in her business.

"Uhm... Hail-"

Hailey hung up, But instantly regretted it. She slightly started to hyperventilate, quickly getting butter fingers as she scrambled to keep her phone in her hands, but ends up dropping it off the bed. before she could pick it up, Zander ran into the room. He assumed she was panicking due to shock, and tried to calm her down. Unfortunately, She fell asleep due to the adrenaline wearing off of her sudden panic. Zander sighed, and then calls Jake himself. Jake didn't pick up though and this caught Zander a bit off guard. He tried to text Jake next

'Oui, Doofus, Pick up the phone'

Zander then tries to call again, No answer. He tries again, Not a single ring before it is hung up. Zander decided to wait until Hailey wakes up, but she didn't until next morning. Zander decided he'd straighten Jake out for ignoring his texts and calls. Hailey wasn't doing well, She was in deep regret, and heavily apologetic which was normal after her panics, but not to this extent before.

After a while of being at school, searching for Jake, They couldn't find him, anywhere. Not even around his old friends or the club. Hailey felt stinging pain in her heart because of this.

Did...Did I waste my chance... h-he hates me now, doesn't he... He probably thinks I was... toying with him...

Hailey thought to herself, the tears started to form in her eyes and Zander quickly noticed, Hugging her in a comforting manner. Zander suddenly got a text

'down'

Zanders eyes widened, but then formed a confused expression. The text... was oddly rushed, and it was from Jake. Why would he just say... Down? Zander shows the text to Hailey, Who was just as confused. It wasn't like Jake to rush his texts, alongside not pick up his phone. They started to get worried.

Suddenly the schools lights went out, causing everyone to panic slightly. Authorities were rushing onto the scene, and some of security even grabbed Hailey away to take into custody. Zander was appalled, and tried to stop them, but was shoved aside.

Hailey was stuck in shock, unable to process anything... But one thing was clear... She saw some of the security guards run... down... Suddenly Jakes text made sense.. But why would he... be down there again after what happened yesterday? At one point, The security got slightly distracted, giving her an opening to break free and go downstairs, she even saw Sean go down there... but why?

After sneaking her way down, She watches as search parties flood the basement, wearing head lights so they could see... and the sight made Hailey sick... those stepping sounds... some of sloshes of the floor... they weren't leaked water... She held her mouth closed as she saw something... A necklace...

Jakes... Necklace.

Tears flood her eyes, She quickly ran to it and picked it up. She held it against her chest, she couldn't stop the tears from pouring down her face.

"No no no no...This can't be happening... Your not gone please... We just fixed everything... Jake... Jake Please....Jake Sterling you...You..."

"F o u n d . . . Y o u . . ."