Chapter 24

"It's nice." Oakley says almost in a whisper, she's shy. That's a first, this is like a completely different Oakley to who I met back on Neverland. Evie nudges me lightly and eyes Oakley then Carlos, I do a quick nod. There's no way that Evie doesn't know.

"You're going to love it here." Carlos smiles.

"We should get going, we have lots of stuff to do." Jane states, oh no. I hope that she can't tell.

"We do?"

"Yes." I, Evie and Jane say together.

"And Doug can help you guys." Evie confirms.

"Huh?" Doug looks confused as Evie kisses his cheek.

"We'll see you guys later."

"I think that means we have to go." Carlos says to Doug.

"Right..." Doug nods before leaving with Carlos and Jane. Me and Evie both look at Oakley.

"What?" She asks.

"You can not go there with him." Evie tells her.

"What do you both think I'm going to do?" Oakley complains. "Is it against the rules to find somebody attractive?"

"No, but the way you two were just then. That's not good."

"Us two?" Oakley's eyes light up.

"That's not what I meant." Evie looks at me. "Hallie?"

"Oakley, you have to promise us that you wont do anything to break them up." I say.

"Do you really think I'm capable of doing that?"

"Oakley." She sighs.

"Fine, I promise."

­-1 month later-

I walk around Auradon, I don't have much to do anymore so I just walk around a lot with the odd day trips to Neverland. As I walk I notice Oakley stood alone, I make my way over to her when I notice Carlos walk up to her. I come to a stop, please say I'm just misreading all of this and it's just him being friendly. They speak briefly before I see them share a kiss, my mouth drops open in shock. No, what are they doing? Before I could even move they pull apart and go their separate ways, I can't believe what I just saw. Carlos has Jane while Oakley began dating Alex only a few weeks ago. I need to find Evie and then Jane, I have to tell her. I go to Evie's cottage knowing that's where she usually is designing clothes.

"Evie?" I call out as I walk in,

"In here!" I hear her voice call back, I walk to where I heard her. Thankfully she's alone. "Hallie, everything okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"I. I really wish that I didn't see what I just saw." I admit.

"What did you see?"

"Carlos and Oakley." I start. "They were kissing." Her mouth drops open just like mine did.

"Please say this is some kind of joke."

"No. I really wish that it was."

"Carlos isn't like that, he wouldn't."

"I know and as far as I knew Oakley was head over heels for Alex."

"Does Jane know?"

"No, I came to find you first. I was hoping you could help?" She sighs.

"We should tell her, if it was me I'd want to know." I nod, we both leave to try and find Jane.

We finally find Jane, unfortunately she was with Carlos and Oakley.