Chapter 21

The picture is an avatar of my character Oakley

"I won't let you down!" Oakley states.

"You get Hallie to trust you, get her to become your friend, get her to tell you everything about Auradon. Their plans, everything. Got it?" Uma demands.

"How do I do that? She's supposed to be leaving soon. And I don't know how to make friends."

"I don't care. Do it."

"Will I be a VK if I do?" Uma rolls her eyes.

"Yes." I knew that was a lie, but Oakley doesn't. She trusts Uma.

"I'll do it." Uma leaves, I quickly run back to the house and sneak in through the door that Oakley had ran out of. I see Peter stood with his arms crossed.

"I'm in trouble aren't I?" I ask.

"If Queen Clarion didn't tell me what was happening then yes." Peter replies.

"I'm sorry."

"She's coming back."

"Tell me off."

"What?"

"When she walks in, tell us both off. She'll wonder why I'm up too." The light comes on as Oakley suddenly freezes.

"Dad. Hallie. What are you two doing up?" Oakley asks.

"I could ask you both the same thing." Peter states.

"I thought you were asleep."

"I needed to clear my head so I was going to go to the pixie dust tree, it's very calming. But Peter caught me before I could go." I speak, hoping it'll be enough to convince Oakley.

"And where were you Oakley?"

"I went there too." She lies, badly may I add.

"You're only saying that because of Hallie."

"No I'm not!"

"I know when you're lying Oakley."

"Whatever." She begins to walk away to her room.

"You're grounded for 2 weeks." She stops and turns back around to look at him.

"What! You can't do that!"

"I'm your father, I can punish you how I see fit."

"That's not fair! What about Hallie? She was trying to sneak out too."

"She isn't my daughter, I have no right to punish her."

"Great. Thanks a lot Hallie."

"I didn't do anything." I remind her.

"If you didn't try to sneak out then I wouldn't have been caught."

"That's not my fault that you're bad at it."

"Oh please, I've been doing it for months. I'm not bad at it."

"Excuse me?" Peter says sternly, Oakley's face goes pale. "We will discuss this more tomorrow. Both of you bed, now."

"Yes sir." I speak and head to my room. I'm glad that Peter was told about the plan because I have a feeling I'd be in a lot more trouble if not.

-Next Day-

Peter told us that he had to go for a meeting with Queen Clarion, so he left me and Oakley alone.

"Did you really try to sneak out?" She asks me, I nod.

"Yes. Tried and failed, it's a lot harder to do it here."

"Not if you know how to." She looks like she's studying me. "You're a VK, why don't you know how to sneak about and not get caught everywhere?"