Chapter 10

"I don't need him to like me." I tell Hadie.

"But he does." He smirks.

"Hello?" I hear Harry's voice call out from downstairs, I take one last look at them.

"Please don't be here when I come back." I say before quickly leaving to go and meet Harry. "Hi." I greet him, our eyes meet and for a moment I see him smile.

"You uh you look nice." Harry says politely.

"Thank you, so do you." I smile at him. "Do you think anyone will notice?"

"Notice what?"

"Who I am."

"No. You look like other girls here when they dress up. But you look better."

"You don't have to be nice to me anyone, I'm already coming with you."

"I know." He shrugs. "We should go, it's not a far walk from here. But it does mean getting your shoes dirty."

"Fine with me."

"Really?"

"I've spent my entire life being taught not to get anything dirty especially shoes and dresses."

"Point taken."

"Good job I never listened to them." I smile.

"It never occurred to you that you're not actually as good as you think you are?"

"I don't know, I knew I didn't really fit in. I guess I spent most of my life trying to be as good as everyone else so people would like me."

"Have fun when you do go back, because nobody is going to like you at all."

"Thanks." I didn't really want to think about that at all, it's hard enough knowing that not many people liked me anyway. But having nobody at all like me, even my family. I can't bare the thought of it.

-At the party-

"Man, I haven't tasted food like this before." Harry says as he bites into a ham sandwich, he fills his plate more and then we walk away to a corner where it was more private and not many people around. "You're lucky to have this type of food."

"I know."

"You shouldn't give it up just for family." He mumbles with his mouth full of food.

"We finish eating before we talk." I find myself telling him, it's one of the things we get taught from a young age.

"Not over here." He swallows his food.

"And family is worth more than food. Once I know what I'm trying to figure out I'll decide if I leave or not."

"Na, food is way better. Especially this type of food."

"If you say so."

"Oh yeah, my sisters told my dad about you."

"What?" I say in surprise. "Why?" This isn't going to be good at all, especially if one of the adult villains recognise me.

"Because Harry has never been so nice to a girl before, not even with Mal." Harriet's voice answers as she shows up next to us.

"Mal?" I question curiously, nobody told me they dated. I know it's not really any of my business but I would have thought Mal would tell me, especially knowing full well that I was staying here.

"Thanks Harriet." Harry complains.

"I thought she knew you two dated till she broke your heart." Harriet continues, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous. But I'm also curious, Harry told me people here don't date.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?"

"Nope." I look around and spot Gil talking with some of the other pirates, ah ha. Just who I could use to help lead Harriet away, don't get me wrong I don't mind her but Harry looks uncomfortable. Plus he's never the same when they're around, he's usually more tense and just wanting them to go away as soon as possible.

"Gil's looking at you." I tell Harriet.

"What?" She goes to look.

"Don't look!" I quickly take her arm and turn her to face me again. "It'll be obvious that you want him back."

"That's the point." She snaps at me, I roll my eyes.

"Guys don't like obvious. They like hard to get, mystery. Mainly what they can't have."

"Really?" I nod. "I guess I could try that." She looks around and then lets out a smile, one that you could tell she was planning something. "Perfect."

"What?"

"I'm going to go and flirt with those guys, see if Gil gets jealous." She walks away before I could tell her that's not what I meant. I look at Harry who was looking at me with a proud smirk.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"Gil wasn't looking at her." He replies.

"I know."

"How'd you know that it would work?"

"She's been watching him every chance she gets since we got here, it's not hard to figure out what she really wants."

"Well whatever she's doing, it's working. Gil's going over to her." I look over to where Harriet is and watch as Gil finally gets to her side, I smile. It actually worked. At least somebody here might be able to find happiness. "Oh no."

"What?"

"They're here."

"Who?"

"Hades and his son Hadie." I look around until I see them, why am I even surprised.

"Everyone is invited aren't they?"

"I didn't expect both of them. Hadie, maybe."

"Does he live here?"

"Spends 6 months with his mom then 6 with his dad." Hadie meets my gaze and smirks, I look away from him.

"Is there somewhere private we can go?" I ask Harry, I need to tell him. I want to tell him, and I don't want him to find out from anybody else.

"Already? I've not had a girl ask that on a first date before." I push him lightly, I use this moment to make sure that he doesn't see my blushing face especially when he just said this was a date.

"Not like that. I need to tell you something."

"Why not do it here?"

"Harry, please." He nods and puts his plate down before leading me out of the building, he leads us to a part of a beach.

"No one will bother us here." I nod believing him. "What's so important that we had to leave the food?"

"I lied to you." I admit.

"About?"

"I know who my family are."

"You do?"

"Yes. It's the reason I came here."

"So this whole time I've been helping, you already knew?"

"I know who my birth dad is. He won't say who my birth mom is."

"Is this why you've been more focused on her?" I nod. "You're not a bad liar."

"It's not something I do a lot."

"Why are you telling me now?"

"I trust you."

"You shouldn't."

"But I do."

"Who is your dad?" I sigh, it's now or never. I've mad it this far and he hasn't gotten mad.

"Hades." He stays silent. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you."

"He's your dad?"

"Yes."

"Hadie is your brother."

"Yes."