30

(Note: For anyone who hasn't finished the show entirely, there may be some spoilers ahead...even though this story doesn't follow the storyline exactly.)

Dean's POV

My ears were ringing so loudly, it was damn near deafening.

I tried to open my eyes...but the pain that was pounding through my skull caused my vision to blur, and I was seeing multiples of every object I tried to focus on.

I had blacked out for a hot minute...and what just transpired was still incredibly foggy.

I tried to shift myself from my laying down position, and I let out a loud grunt at the pain that I felt in various parts of my body...but none were as bad as my head. I reached a hand back to inspect the sore spot on the back of my skull...but my hand hit the cement pillar instead, and I gathered that I must have hit my head pretty hard against it.

I blinked a few times, trying to get my vision to focus as best as I could, before looking around at the absolute carnage before me.

Books, bullet casings, decor, and broken glass littered the floor around me...evidence that we had just had one hell of a confrontation.

I glanced up, and my eyes were able to focus on a blurry figure, which I assumed to be Cas by the color of his trench coat, and it appeared he was weakly lifting up a bookcase that had managed to topple over....directly onto Sam.

"Sammy?" I called out for him hoarsely, and as Cas lifted the bookcase, I thankfully saw him squirming around.

"I'm okay.." he responded with a weak cough, allowing me to let out a relieved exhale.

We both struggled to get up for a minute, letting out a variety of grunts and curses as we managed to scramble ourselves up to our feet.

By this point, my vision had steadied for the most part, and I just stood there in shock, clutching an arm around my sore rib cage as I took in the absolutely destroyed library around us.

As I observed everything... all of the mayhem slowly started to come back to me...

----------------------------------------------

Lucifer had walked right through our front door...catching us completely off-guard with our pants down.

I remembered noting that he was wearing his usual vessel...poor schmuck named Nick...and he was no longer wearing the POTUS.

"Hey guys....you're having a party and you didn't invite me?" he had laughed teasingly as he descended the stairs and strutted into the library to face all of us.

"Sorry....no pricks allowed." I had said.

"Aww c'mon....celebrations are in order! I came to tell you guys the good news!" he'd snickered.

"Your balls finally dropped? Congrats." Y/N growled sarcastically from next to me...and I remembered feeling both pride in her fearless wit...and pure terror at the fact she was still standing here next to me with him being so close.

Lucifer's eyes narrowed at her....and I remembered the pure rage I felt as I saw the look in them.

"And...who might you be, beautiful?" he'd grinned, stalking closer as he eyed Y/N up and down.

Simultaneously, me, Sam and Cas had all positioned ourselves in front of her, shielding her from him as we raised our weapons up high.

"That's close enough." I'd snarled.