22

Y/N's POV

I don't even remember the last time I celebrated my birthday.

I'd been in the life for so long now that it just kinda turned into a regular day for me, and all my days seemed to blend together. There was never anyone to celebrate with, and I was usually always working anyway, so why make a big deal out of it?

I'd only mentioned the date to the boys in passing... I never expected either of them to remember... let alone take the time to do anything special for it.

Guess I was wrong.

I had been sitting in my room for five and a half hours after Sam left, just driving myself absolutely insane by wondering what Dean and Sam could possibly have in store for me. Part of me didn't want to do anything for my birthday at all, given I was still in a bit of a funk from my hunt...but if they were putting in some form of effort for me, I knew I needed to do the same.

So, I did as requested, and adorned myself with the little black dress that Dean picked out for me. It was held up by two dainty spaghetti-straps that sat on my shoulders, and the neckline plunged down into a sharp point that nearly exposed the entirety of my cleavage. It was very form fitting, but thankfully the velvet material was soft enough to keep me comfortable. The dress only went down to the middle of my thighs and hugged against my hips dangerously.

The outfit really didn't leave much to the imagination...and it had several easy-access points, which is most likely why Dean found it to be the perfect one, I thought.

We all know how I felt about dresses and girling up...but I really didn't mind the fact that Dean chose my outfit. It took the guesswork out of it for me; less for me to stress about.

I decided to leave my hair down, and just slap the bare minimum amount of makeup on my face. I looked good still, but I wasn't planning to go all out like I did with my ballroom disguise...this was my birthday party after all, right?

I chose to finish the ensemble with my one pair of strappy heels...even though they were a little tattered and worn from the amount of running and fighting I did while wearing them in Nevada. Although...that kinda made them sexier, in my opinion.

I stood in front of my mirror, making some last minute adjustments, when I was startled suddenly by a low whistle emanating from the doorway.

I turned my head to find Dean, dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a white v-neck that was stretching painfully tight across his broad chest. He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed, and his green eyes were traveling hungrily over every inch of me, causing butterflies to start swarming in my stomach.

"God damn." he muttered under his breath, a devilish side-smirk painted across his lips that nearly stopped my heart.

"Was this a birthday present for me, or for you?" I teased him, trying to play it cool.

"Bit of both." he shrugged, walking over to me slowly. He stopped right behind me, and his hands snaked around, gently gripping at my hips as he leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"Happy Birthday, Princess." he breathed, and I felt my legs almost immediately turn to Jell-O.

The chokehold this man had on me would never cease to amaze me.

"What are we-"

"Shhh." he shushed me gently. "Do you trust me?"

I nodded softly as his gentle voice raised goosebumps over every surface of my skin.

"With my life." I whispered back.

"Good." he smiled, before he reached into his pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a black neck-tie.