25

Y/N's POV

It didn't take long for me to realize what an absolute joy Castiel was to have around.

Watching him interact with Dean and Sam... it was apparent how close they were. They had clearly been through hardships with each other that I couldn't even begin to imagine, and the comedic banter that they had amongst each other was like a breath of fresh air.

Cas had explained to me why he appeared in this form of a handsome human...he informed me that it was similar to demonic possession, only angels needed permission to claim a vessel first. In all honesty it made me skeptical and uneasy...but once he informed me that the soul of his vessel, Jimmy Novak, was safely in heaven and Cas was the only one in that vessel...it made me ease up a little bit and feel more comfortable around him.

Dean then went into greater detail about the story of how Cas was the one to yank him out of hell... and talked about how terrifying it was when Cas tried to reach out in his true form.

It was an awe-inspiring tale... especially since that handprint burned into Dean's shoulder had always intrigued me and piqued my curiosity. Now, here I sat, across from the angel whom the handprint belonged to...

Still hungover beyond all belief.

We were all sitting at the kitchen table. The three of them were conversating amongst themselves about where Cas had been and why he hadn't made an appearance in a while. It was something about Heaven being on the brink of collapse...I didn't catch much of it. As much as I tried to listen, my head was pounding too hard for me to focus.

I lifted my cup of coffee to my lips, struggling to take a sip as my hand was shaking so hard that some of the coffee had sloshed over the edge and splashed down onto the table.

"You good?" Sam raised a brow as he watched my clumsiness.

"Yeah...wicked hangover. I got the shakes." I chuckled softly, still beaming with embarrassment at the current state of myself.

"Allow me to help." Castiel muttered, reaching out a hand with two fingers extended towards me.

Instinctively, I scooted my chair back to defensively shy away from him. I knew he didn't mean any harm...but how could any hunter not be skeptical in the presence of a celestial being with apparent super strength...I had no idea what else he was capable of.

"It's okay..." Dean assured me with gentle eyes and a warm smile. "You can trust him."

I shot him a questioning look...but ultimately decided to put my faith in Dean's words. I leaned forward once again, allowing Castiel to gently place his two fingers against my forehead.

I felt a small shock...the same tiny shock that you might get from touching a light switch or the door of a car that just turned off. It wasn't painful, but it was enough to cause me to gasp softly.

Suddenly...the pain was gone. All of it. My splitting headache had disappeared, along with the churning feeling in my stomach, and I felt the soreness of my muscles drain from my body like water from a sink. Even the tenderness of the lower half of my body...it vanished without a trace, almost like the roughness it underwent last night didn't even happen at all.

I felt completely well-rested and brand new, as if I'd just awoken, clear-headed, from the best night's sleep I'd ever received.

"How...how did you do that?" I asked in amazement as I flexed my arms and legs, testing out the rejuvenation of my muscles.

"Angelic grace." Cas smiled proudly. "It has healing properties to humans."

"Fuck...I need to invite you to every party from now on." I giggled, and Sam and Dean let out a lighthearted laugh along with me.