1

Y/N's POV

Another day, another dollar... minus the dollar.

I let out a soft chuckle to myself as I ran the back of my hand across my lips, wiping off the blood that had managed to splat on my face when I took down the vamp who now laid in two pieces on the ground before me.

It was a smaller nest... no more than a grocery run for me. I almost didn't think it was worth the effort... but what kind of hunter would I be if I just left it untouched?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been hunting since I was about sixteen, which is obviously the last thing a young girl would ever want to do at that age. However, I had the unfortunate experience of coming home from a sleepover to find that a brutal werewolf attack had taken place in my absence, leaving me orphaned and angry.

I was able to emancipate myself shortly after that traumatic event, and spent a majority of my time researching everything there was to know about the supernatural; all the different kinds of monsters, how to track them, and most importantly, how to kill them.

I had two goals in mind when I chose to adopt the hunter lifestyle: Make sure no family ever had to go through the same thing I did, and kill as many of these motherfuckers as possible.

It wasn't exactly the most rewarding lifestyle... it was actually pretty lonely. There was no money in it, barely any 'thank you's, and it was hard to really settle in any one spot given all the traveling I had to do. Not to mention, for some of my bigger hunts, I've had to impersonate law enforcement just to get near the action, so I had to use aliases a lot, kinda giving me a mild form of an identity crisis.

But it wasn't all bad...

I didn't really mind the loneliness. Given the stupidity of some of the people I'd saved, I actually enjoyed the antisocial aspect. My sole method of transportation was my bike... my pride and joy. A jet black Victory Gunner... I named her Vixen...and her and I traveled the entire country, breathing in all the sights that not many people got to. And, identity crisis or not, I knew one solid thing about myself for sure:

I was a damn good hunter...I'd had yet to meet one better.

Not much about the life was satisfying... but every life I saved, was one more family kept together thanks to me, and that was rewarding enough.

And tonight, the life I saved happened to be the petrified, young blonde girl that sat before me now, bound to one of the posts keeping up the rickety barn I was standing in.

I grabbed the hem of my oversized flannel, using it to wipe the vampire blood from my machete before sliding it back into its holster on my belt, as I mosied my way over to her.

"You okay?" I asked her softly, kneeling down as I reached for the bindings on her wrists.

"Y...Yeah....I think so.." she stammered, her whole body shaking like a leaf. "W...What were those...things?"

"Vampires." I stated matter of factly, untying her wrists and offering her a hand to help her to her feet.

Her eyes widened even farther as she hesitantly took my hand, staggering a bit as I yanked her up off the ground.

"I'm...I'm sorry...vampires? Are you-"

"Crazy? No. Vampires? Yes. They're real. Them and a whole lotta other crap that you've only heard of in stories and movies." I chuckled, not really feeling the whole 'let the civilian down gently' spiel tonight. I had places to be.

"What the fuck..." she breathed, rubbing her forehead with a dainty hand as if to try and wake herself from a bad dream. "And you.... kill these things?"