13

Dean's POV

My eyes fluttered open the next morning, immediately squinting as the light that drifted in from the large balcony window flooded the hotel room and pierced them.

I sat up slowly and groaned, my back aching from sleeping on the floor all night, although I had to admit...this lush carpet was a much better bed than some of the hardwood floors I've had to curl up on over the years. But still, nowhere near as good a bed as the one I let Y/N sleep in.

I was proud of myself. Even given Y/N and I's newfound arrangement, and my unyielding need to touch her all the time, I had still managed to get through a night in a hotel room with her and refrain from touching her. Every part of me wanted to...but Sam was a bit of an obstacle in that regard. If he wasn't here though....it would be game over.

I turned my head towards the bed, hoping to admire my sleeping beauty... but I felt my heart stop dead in its tracks as I realized that the bed was empty.

I wasted no time in springing up to my feet, scanning the room frantically. Sam was still fast asleep in his bed, blissfully unaware that our counterpart was missing. I took note of the salt circle, and observed that it hadn't been broken whatsoever...so our ghostly prey hadn't gotten a hold of her, at least. I looked to the bathroom, and the door was wide open, indicating she wasn't in there.

Where the hell is she???

I started to panic and my heart started to race. Yes, she was a hunter that could hold her own...but she was a prime target in this case. Her being out of my sight was not okay in the slightest. I stepped towards the side table, reaching for my phone, but instead noticing a folded up piece of paper with my name hand-written on the front of it. I grabbed it, frantically unfolding it to view the short note inside:

"Went out to do some research to see if I can figure out our ghost object, and went to grab a few things to prepare for tonight. I'll be back before showtime.

Sorry I didn't tell you first...didn't wanna wake you.

-Y/N"

I let out a loud sigh of relief, my heart regaining its normal pace as I took comfort in the knowledge that she was safe, at least. She wasn't in the hotel, so she was out of harm's way. However...she was gonna be in a world of trouble the next time I had her alone. She'd broken rule number two by slipping out like that... and now, rule number six was gonna be brought into play.

I had already begun brainstorming on how exactly I was going to teach her that lesson...but my depraved thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Sam letting out a loud groan as he stretched.

"What's wrong?" he mumbled as he glanced over to me.

"Nothing." I stated, refolding the note and shoving it into my pocket.

"Where's Y/N?" he questioned, looking around the room in confusion.

"Running errands, I guess." I let out an irritated sigh.

"And that....pisses you off?" he pressed.

"What? No. I mean....nevermind. Shut up, Sam." I stumbled, walking towards my bag to grab a shirt, throwing it on over my head.

"Alright...jerk." Sam mumbled.

"Bitch." I clapped back at him. "Let's go get some breakfast. I bet the continental is unbelievable in this joint" I offered lightheartedly, to which he nodded and hopped out of bed.

Although, eating was the last thing on my mind. I was just trying to think of a mindless way to kill time while I waited for Y/N to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~