29

-This chapter takes place during S4E7: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab-
-The Upside Down-
-Third Person-

Robin's lost count of how many creature are eating at her by now. She's just trying to get one around her neck off. Her vision starts to go dark around the edges and she can feel herself slipping. Suddenly one of the monsters at her waist is pulled away. She hears voices and she knows it's Nancy, Steve, and Eddie, although, she hasn't really processed it yet. What she does know is that she finally got the hold she needed on the monster at her throat to yank it off. She grabs it by it's tail before it can go far and beats it on the ground repeatedly. After it's dead she pulls it up and uses it to swing at another flying creature, sending both of the things flying. She spits out the blood gathering in her mouth and wipes her mouth with her undershirt.

"Jesus Christ!" Eddie exclaims.

"Fucking hell," Steve says.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asks Robin, gently grabbing her by the shoulder. "Robin, answer me."

"Ask me tomorrow," Robin says, looking down at her wounds. She feels sick just looking at herself. "Do you think these bats have, like, rabies?"

"What?" Steve questions.

"Well rabies are like my number one greatest fear and I don't wanna get rabies," she explains. "I need to get to a doctor really soon because once the symptoms set in it's too late I'm already dead."

"You don't have rabies, Robin," Nancy says calmly.

More bats land and swarm the gate as if they are defending it. It's only about eight or nine. "We can take them," Steve says. Almost like it was on cue, more bats screech in the distance.

"You were saying?" Robin asks.

"Come on, let's get to the woods," Nancy says, rushing off. Thr group quicky follow behind her.

-Hawkins, Indiana-

"And what exactly were you all doing at the lake?" Sheriff Powell asks.

Mar, Lucas, and Dustin sat on the Wheeler's couch, all trying to come off as unsuspicious as possible.

"We were... just going for a walk," Mar says.

"A walk? At nine P.M.?" Officer Callahan questions.

"Yeah, a walk to the lake," Dustin says, his voice higher than Eddie on a weekend. "We were gonna take a little swim. Little night swim."

"Dusty," Mrs. Henderson cut in. "Someone was just murdered there."

"Yeah we, uh, we didn't realize that until we got there."

"That's why we didn't swim," Lucas says.

"Yeah, and Lucas tried to talk us into just going home," Mar says. She cuts her eyes over to Officer Callahan. If she can make Lucas sound as innocent as possible then everything will be fine.

All of this happened in the first place because the cops started getting too close to the actual lake so Mar shouted out to the cops that she found the murder and started running the opposite direction of Eddie and the others. Everything was fine until Dustin tripped and got caught, causing Lucas and Mar to also get caught. But Mar's plan worked. They successfully led the police away from Eddie and nobody got arrested.