6

-This chapter takes place during S2E5: Dig Dug-
-Max's POV-

By the time I get home Billy's car was already in the drive way. I had skated around for a bit before coming back so no matter what they were gonna get here first. I walk up our raggedy stone stairs and reach for the door handle so I can get in. Suddenly the door swings open and Billy comes walking out.

"Where the hell are you going?" I ask.

"None of your business asshole," he snaps back.

I roll my eyes, watching him get into his car and drive off. I shrug and turn around and get ready to go inside, then the door opens again. This time my redhead sister is the one who walks out. She gets a startled expression and yelps after almost running into me.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" I ask.

"I am going... um, to, er... a place," she begins to stumble over her words. "I don't really know. Just a walk I guess."

"You didn't ask me to go," I observe.

"I just uh... want some alone time," Mar says softly. "You get it I'm sure. Having a twin is great but no privacy am I right?"

"Uh... yeah, totally," I lie. "I get you, I want alone time too sometimes." That was a complete lie. I liked spending time with Mar; I never even considered spending time apart. I felt better knowing that she was safe; and Mar could only be truly safe with me.

We stand in awkward silence for a moment before Mar walks past me and down the street. I'm tempted to follow her, but I don't. I just go inside.

I consider watching TV but there's never anything good on anyways so I just sit at the kitchen table on my phone. I'm bored as hell. I got homework to do but I'm not that bored.

Rap rap rap.

I look up at the door. Is Mar home already? I get up and unlock the door, then open it. Standing there was a pretty, curly haired brunette, with the perfect nose and deep brown eyes.

"Eleanor," I say, smiling. "Didn't think I'd be seeing you again so soon." She smiles at me, making me blush.

"Ick!" Eleanor exclaims. "Just El."

"Okay, yeah sure. El," I correct myself.

"Can I go in?" Elean— El asks politely.

          Neal and Mom were on a date so I step aside to let El in. Once I shut and lock the door back, she bounds towards me, engulfing me in a bear hug. Her touch sends electricity racing through my veins.

"I missed you," she tells me. "I keep thinking about you."

          I feel my cheeks turn even more red. My heart pounds in my chest so hard that El can probably feel it. She keeps thinking about ME!

"I guarantee you that I've thought about you more," I tell her.

"Impossible," she argues before pulling out of the hug. I stare into her eyes for a moment before inviting her to sit on the couch.

"So, he didn't get that mad that you snuck out I assume," I say. "Since you know, you're here now." Eleanor stops grinning.

"No, he was very mad," she says. "He took away my Eggos and the TV." She stops for a moment, as if she's considering something, then her voice lowers. "I left today because he lied to me."