14

-This chapter takes place during S3E3: The Case Of The Missing Lifeguard-
-Max's POV-

I dance around El's bedroom singing the lyrics to Paper Rings by Taylor Swift. El's laying on her bed and just watches me with a big smile on her face. After I sing "kiss me once" El grabs my hand.

"What?" I say, standing in between her legs as they dangle off the bed. She pulls me closer by the belt loops of my shorts.

"Nothing," El whispers with a big grin.

I lean down towards El while giggling before planting a kiss on her lips. I put one hand on El's bed for stability as I put my other hand on her neck. El's hands rest on my waist which makes the butterflies that permanently live in my stomach decide to have a party.

Once El and I seperete she smiles up at me and I return the gesture.

"Sometimes I wonder if we're the most lovey dovey couple ever," I say. "Our only competition is Mike and Will to be honest."

"They are probably still with each othr," El says.

"Right," I say, laughing. El gets a mischievous look in her eye. "What?"

"I know how we can find out," she says, raising an eyebrow.

-El's POV-

I turn my radio to static before wrapping my blindfold around my face. In the darkness I close my eyes and begin to focus on finding Mike and Will.

When I open them again I'm in the void. In front of me is Mike and Will. They're cuddling on Mike's couch that was in his basement with game controllers in their hands. Will shakes his head while laughing at something Mike said. Suddenly Will untangles himself from Mike and looks at him with a frown.

"You did not just kill me," he says.

"Look, I have to do what I have to do to win," Mike says. "I'm sorry if that means you have to die."

"I should literally break up with you right now," Will tells him before turning away and crossing his arms.

Mike stands up and tries to hug him but Will pushes him away.

"Get away from me you backstabber!" He shouts, his voice cracking in the process. "I hate you!"

"You know you love me," Mike says in a sing songs voice.

Mike continues to pester Will until the shorter boy finally caves as forgives him. Apparently forgiveness comes with a make out session so I rip off my blindfold since that moment got too personal for me to witness.

I stare at Max with a shocked expression.

"What is it?" She asks me.

"They might be worse than us," I say with a laugh. Suddenly we're both uncontrollably giggling and I'm on the floor.

"Hey," says another voice. I sit up as our laughs quickly die down. Hop's standing in my doorway. "Max it's pretty close to your curfew you sure you shouldn't be heading home?"