15

-This chapter takes place during S3E4: The Sauna Test-
-Max's POV-

"Which one?" I ask El, showing her two movies we could watch on Netflix. I moved the cursor of my laptop between the two options (How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda) as she decided.

"I don't know," she answers. I then notice the worried look on her face.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" I reassure.

"It doesn't make sense," El says.

"What doesn't make sense?"

"Heather," she pauses briefly before turning all the way to me. "The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now," I explain. "That has to be it. I don't know where the blood came from but we saw her. We both saw her. She's totally fine."

"What about Billy?" She asks.

"What about him?"

"He seemed... wrong."

"Wrong is kind of his default," I say. "But he was probably being so nice because he was meeting his girlfriend's parents." That's the explaination I came up with at least. It made sense to me. "Still nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked." I give El a small chuckle after that she blushes and looks away.

"The dragon," El says.

"Ah, great choice!" I exclaim. "How To Train Your Dragon is a classic." I click on the movie and watch as the opening starts playing. El snuggles in closer to me. I start to run my fingers through her soft her

"What the hell?"

I look up, seperating myself from El and pausing the movie. When I see who it is I let out a relieved sigh.

"Holy shit Mar, you scared me!" I say with a chuckle.

"What's she doing here?" Mar questions with a cross look.

"Just a sleepover," I say, glancing towards El and noticing her hurt expression. "Where were you? I haven't seen you all day."

"With Lucas," she says flatly.

"Ah," I say with a smirk. El and I lock eyes for a moment and I burst into giggles. I'm shocked when El doesn't laugh with me. She's not usually this quiet.

"What?"

"Nothing, you guys are just cute," I say.

"Mm," Mar responds with a sarcastic smile. She grabs some pajamas and heads out to the bathroom, leaving this awkward hostile energy in the room.

"I'll be right back," I tell El as I get out of bed.

I head to the bathroom. I knock on the door.

"What do you want?" Mar ask as she opens the door.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

Mar rolls her eyes and reluctantly let me in. I put the toilet lid down and sit on top as she takes a seat on the counter. We sit in an awkward silence before I gather the courage to speak.

"What is it?" I ask. Mar gives me a shrug.

"I don't know. You're the one who wanted to talk," she says with an attitude.