Chapter 5- NICK'S PERSPECTIVE

*********NICK'S PERSPECTIVE*********

Seeing Phyllis having her hand kissed made a wave of jealousy wash over me, makes me wish it was me that kissed her hand. Just so I could see her smile, listen to her giggle. I guess that's why I walked off so quick to avoid watching Dino charm Phyllis it hurts me knowing she'd never like a guy like me. "Hey" A girl says rather flirtatiously, behind her come two other girls they said the same hey in the same way. I look over and catch Phyllis looking at me, Phyllis quickly looks away with a rather angry expression on her face. Phyllis and I.. We were childhood friends. She of course didn't remember me since that was so long ago. We shared so much pop, so many fries, so many memories. They apparently didn't mean anything to her since she doesn't remember me. She doesn't remember the Nick from school she never will. "Can you go grab us a drink? I'll take a Devil's Tail." One of the girls demands, the other replies saying that she would take a French 75. I have no choice but to get the drinks since Phyllis is off by herself with Dino. I start walking to the bar. As I get to the bar I see Phyllis kiss Dino's cheek and they leave hand in hand. Aren't we supposed to be married? I also saw how she acted when I gave her that little wink at her house. "How may I help you sir?" The bartender asks me. "Erm. One French 75, and one Devil's Tail." I say rubbing my forehead. "Here you are. One French 75, and one Devil's Tail. You must really need these to forget what's happened today." The bartender says to me handing me the drinks "What do you mean sir?" I ask the bartender, the bartender just looks at me and chuckles "Those are pretty strong drinks. Did'ya not know that?" The bartender explains, "No sir two girls asked me for it." I say walking off. I hand the drinks to the girls, one snatches it and says nothing while the other one is more polite taking it and saying thank you. I honestly hope Phyllis is just talking to Dino mainly because I don't want her to get hurt. I know she's a cop but Jasmine was too. She was my fiancee. Dino and his goons killed her. They killed her in cold blood and that was several years ago I still haven't forgiven him for that. The girls are distinctly rambling on about their lives while I just sit and wait to see Phyllis and her beautiful smile walk through that door.