LV - Departures

Inayos ko na 'yung sarili ko habang naka-tingin sa salamin. This is the last day that I will be wearing this school uniform.

A knock can be heard from the door, it opened and there revealed my mother. "Aika, how's your luggage?" Umalis na ako sa harap ng salamin at kinuha yung suitcase ko na nasa isang tabi lang, pati na rin yung backpack ko. "It's all set now."

"Okay, we should leave now. Time's ticking." Sumunod na ako sa kanya habang bitbit ko na lahat ang mga gamit ko. Tumingin pa ulit ako sa kwarto ko at nahagip ng mga mata ko 'yung bago at dati kong gitara. I can't just leave it there...

Napag-desisyunan ko nang kunin na lang din yun at kaagad kong nilagay yung gitara sa case niya, saka ako lumabas ng kwarto at sinara ko na rin 'yung pintuan. Pagkalabas ko, nakita ko kaagad si Dad na buhat si Cy dahil tulog pa rin siya. "Let's go, Eumeleia."

Habang dala ko na lahat ng mga gamit ko, napaisip ako sa lahat ng mga nangyari sa'kin. All this time, I have been so weak. Mika was right -- in order to be strong, you have to get hurt. That's why I'm doing this... for my sake and for his, too.

Making mistakes and flaws... might still be the right thing to do.

* * *

"Graduates of Earl's Blanc Academy for the school year 2015, congratulations and best wishes for your future!" The senior students and their parents clapped their hands for the closing speech of the president and also, the principal of the school. The emcees took over the podium and said announcements for the Graduation Party. The seniors cheered and prepared to attend the said party at a hotel far, but not near either, from their school.

"Sa wakas, Rain! Nakagraduate ka na!" His brother, Greyson, exclaimed as Rain gave him his diploma aggressively.

"Manahimik ka na lang, Kuya."

Greyson put his hand over his brother's shoulder, as if trying to comfort him. "Joke lang eh. Pero sure akong tuwang tuwa na yung Mama mo ngayon. Dalawin mo siya mamaya pagkatapos ng party ah?"

And Rain just nodded to his request, remembering the memories he had when he was a kid -- with that, Eumeleia came to his mind.

"Kuya --" Gresyon cut him off, smiling while looking at his friends at the distance, walking towards where they are. "Sige, alis ka na. Enjoy!" Ningitian na lang din ni Rain ang kuya niya at sinamahan na niya sila Nathan.

"Tara, Rain. Ikaw na lang wala oh!" Hinila ni Nathan si Rain para mag-picture kasama ang magkakaibigan.

Tumabi si Rain kay Eumeleia at nakitang tahimik lang siyang nakangiti habang pinagmamasdan ang mga kaibigan nila. Rain also smiled but this time, he was looking at the girl by his side. She was the one who let him out of his own shell and that's why he has friends now. It was all because of her. He was about to talk to her, ask her why she's smiling like that but he felt as if something was different. Her smile isn't cheerful... it was a painful and lonely smile.

Rain tried to talk to her after the picture-taking but he was interrupted when Aisha suddenly hugged her. The rest of their band members followed and stood closer together -- one of them crying as if someone left the band.

However, Rain shrugged it off. 'Probably because they'll miss each other since most of them are going to college now' he thought.

Pinagmasdan lang ni Rain si Eumeleia sa malayo. Somehow, in his eyes, she sparkled as if she was a crystal -- a priceless, fragile crystal.

Her eyes were telling him something but he cannot understand what it meant.

His eyes were filled with curiosity and faith.