Tenroujima island

Laxus PoV

When I woke up Blondie wasn't asleep she was doing something. I got up got changed and went down stairs to the kitchen to see Blondie cooking in on of my purple shirts. I walk up to her and put my are around her waist and I could tell she was surprised because she jumped a little. I kissed her cheek and sat down at the table.

After we had breakfast Blondie went and got changed but she still had my purple shirt on. I smiled and we went to the train station or we would have been late to get to the harbour and gramps would have killed me.

Once we got to the harbour everyone was there apart from Natsu and Happy. I could tell gramps was pissed his face was red with anger. I pulled Blondie closer to me because I didn't want her to be by gramps when he exploded and she just hugged me back.

Normal PoV

Everyone was slowly moving away from Master Makarov while he was getting more pissed by the minute but they couldn't blame him because they were getting pissed themselves because in about three minutes their train was going to be here.

One minute later Natsu and Happy showed up and Master knocked both them out and when the train got there he dragged them on the train and put them in a sit. They didn't hear a word from him the whole train ride.

Laxus used Lucy's lap as a pillow and she didn't mind. Wendy and Romeo were talking with each other the whole ride. Evergreen was Elfman's partner and they just sat in silence. Freed's partner was Bickslow and they had made an agreement about if one of them getting the chance that the other will help. Gray was partnered up with Leo the lion another deal. Cana was on their own in the competition but Lisanna was with Juvia and they were talking with master along with Mirajane.

After an hour at the harbour.

Everyone was at the harbour waiting to get on the boat went two people called Lucy's name and she turned around.

"Gajeel? Levy?" She looked at them confused because she didn't know what they were doing there.

"Oh yes I meant to tell you that Levy and Gajeel were coming. Levy can help heal and Gajeel will protect her and the injured if there is any." Master explained as the fairy tail boat had just got to the harbour.

Everyone said fine and boarded the boat and when it left Natsu and Happy had just woken up. It was quite until they woke up now it sounded like someone who was trying no to be sick because Natsu was. Laxus was Fine his only weakness was trains and Lucy.

Once they were ten meters away from the island the boat stopped. Laxus sat down knowing what was going to happen and Lucy sat in his lap, knowing as well.

"Alright there are eight tunnels you will have to make in too them and after a team goes through one no one else will be able to go though one. Three have s-class wizards in them, one is a pass through and the remaining you will go head to head with another team. You may begin." Master Makarov finished as he sat down.

As soon as master said that all the competitors took off to the island. While some were waiting for Freed's enchantment to go somewhere already at the island. When it went they all jumped in the water and swam to the island.

"Master what are the pairs?" Lucy asked because she didn't pay attention on the train.

"They are Natsu with Happy, Lisanna with Juvia, Gray with Leo or Loki, Elfman with Evergreen, Wengy with Carle, Freed with Bickslow, Romeo with Jet and Cana is on her own." Master explained to her. She said thanks and told Laxus that they should get to the island in case something happens and he agreed.

All three of them went to the island because master needed to see who was going on to the next round. When they got to the island and to the end of all eight tunnels only one person and Exceed was there.

"So it seems that Wendy got the pass though." Master said and everyone nodded in agreement.

While they were waiting for the others two things flew straight at Lucy knocking her over and she landed on her bum nearly hitting her head.

"Ouch, seriously Angel, Demon do you have to do that it really hurt." Lucy said as Laxus helped her up.

They said sorry and that they didn't want to do that just surprise her a little. Just when Lucy was going to say something Gray and Leo came out of a s-call wizard tunnel. Followed not long after Romeo coming out of ERZA'S tunnel and everyone apart from Lucy, Laxus and Master were shocked.

After waiting a while Cana came out a hand to hand and after her Natsu and Happy with a s-class wizard but no one came out the last one the head to head. Lucy said she was going to cheek it out.

Lucy PoV

The last pair should have been out by now but there was no sign of them so I said I would go and check it out. When I got to the fighting part of the tunnel no one was there and I was confused.

'Hey master is there another tunnel in six and seven?' I asked master telepathically.

'No why my child?' He answered me and I put myself on alert.

'No teams are in this tunnel and they couldn't have gone back because the entrance would be locked.' I explained telepathically.

Before he could answer or I could hear what he said I was sent flying but I stopped myself. When I looked up I couldn't believe my eyes the worlds worst nightmare was in front of me.

Makarov PoV

I was trying to talk telepathically to Lucy but I was cut off by something or someone but I didn't know who.

"DAME IT!" I shout in anger to were Lucy had entered the tunnel but it was blocked and no one could get in or out. I growled.

"Gramps what's going on?" Laxus asked knowing something was up.

"Someone is interrupting the s-class trials and now they are going head on with Lucy." I explained seriously pissed with myself because I didn't notice he was here.

"WHAT!!" Laxus shouted angrily.

"Will Lucy be alright gramps?" Wendy and Romeo asked me at the same time.

"I'm not sure I wish I did though." I told them and I could tell Laxus was angry with himself because he didn't go with her.

"Don't worry Lucy is one of Fairy Tails strongest wizards she can look after herself." I told them but I could still tell they were worried.

"Who is it master?" Mira and Erza asked me as they had just got there hearing everything.

"It's him." I tell them and they freeze in shock.

"Who's him master?" Wendy asked me.

"Zeref." Is all I say before everyone is frozen in shock by the name.