Okay & the challenge

Laxus PoV

After everyone had left the infirmary I went in to talk to Blondie to see how see was. When I opened the door I saw Lucy saying goodbye to Porlysica. I stepped out the way so she could leave.

"Look after her." Is all she said before leaving the guild.

"Still as protective as always." Blondie said smiling.

"What do you mean Blondie?" I asked her as I took a seat next to her bed.

"Do you remember when I left to go train?" She asked I nodded. "Well Porlysica was the one who helped me find who I needed to also she's like my grandmother now." She explained to me.

"That's nice but you do known the guild aren't letting you go? Neither am I." I told her and the last part in a whisper as I blush slightly.

"I know and your cute when you blush." She told me and I blushed more because the heat on my face was rising.

"Ha y-your talking n-nonsense." I said stuttering slightly.

"Sure I am." She said confidently.

I was about to say something when Angel came in the room shouting.

"LUCY YOU BIG IDIOT!!" Angel shouted while crying. Lucy just opened her arms and she flew into them.

As Lucy was comforting Angel, Demon came in.

"Sorry Lu she couldn't wait for Laxus to finish, so here she is." Is all he said while she nodded.

After Lucy talked to the two exceed's for a bit they lefted and she looked at me. I could feel my heart racing and I feel like I have to protect her no matter what happens.

Lucy PoV

After the exceed's lefted I looked at Laxus, my heart racing so fast I thought he could hear it. I was going to say something but he beat me to it.

"You better get better fast so we can finally do a mission together." He told me with worry in his voice.

"I will but we need a name for our team." I said while smiling at him.

"Hmm...how about Angel's lightning?" He asked a bit worried.

"I love it, when did you come up with it?" I asked wanting to know but I had a smile on my face.

"I don't know I just thought about what powers we could use and came up with it." He said while smiling. I smiled back to him and we talked for, what seems like forever until our stomachs started to rumble.

When Laxus was standing up, the door opened and a white long haired match making demon stood there while two exceed's brought two trays of food in.

"Demon give Laxus the tray." The gold and silver wing told him.

"Hai, hai Angel." He said as he had a smirk on his face. I looked confused to one to the other, they both had the same creepy smirk that Mira had on.

Angel came over to me with a tray that had just deserts on it while Laxus's had two meals on it. The three of them lefted. He gave me a meal and I gave him a desert and we enjoyed our meal together.

When we finished Wendy came in with a letter handed it to me and lefted. I looked at the letter and opened it.

What the letter said.

To Lucy,

It looks like you are enjoying your stay at Fairy Tail but that won't last long because I'm coming to get you and if you don't cooperate then say goodbye to you new 'family' because I will get you.

One more thing if you don't come back home in two days then you guild mates will be targeted by Phanton Lord. That's a promise.

From your father
Jude Heartfilia.

I was so mad at what the letter had said I almost jumped out of my bed but Laxus stopped me and put me back on the bed, he then took the letter off me.

Laxus PoV

I put Lucy back on the bed just as she was jumping off it, then I took the letter and read it. I was fuming at what it had to say.

"Lucy why is Jude Heartfilia calling you his daughter and I will never let him get you." I asked and told her with my voice full of anger and concern.

"Well if you remember when master was introducing me when we were little I cut him off not wanting him to tell you my full name." She stopped then continued. "Lucy Vermilion Heartfilia because I was scared you would judge me because of my name." She finished with tears forming in her eyes.

I couldn't stand seeing her cry so I stood up and walked over to her and hugged her like there was no tomorrow and said "Lucy I wouldn't care what you last name was its just a name and besides Lucy Vermilion Clive is much more important then the name Heartfilia. If you want to know what I mean then say something."

"Please continue." Is all she said before hugging me tighter.

"The people with the name Heartfilia don't care about anyone apart from your mom." I added before I continued. "But you aren't a Heartfilia anymore you are a Clive and they care for you and you care for everyone in the guild and some people in different guilds. You think your spirits are friends and not shields, not a lot of celestial mages think that, you are one of a kind and don't forget that." I blushed red after I said the last part and when I looked down at her she looked like a bright red tomato.

"T-thank y-you Laxus." She thanked me while stuttering.

"It's al-alright I'm here for you and so is everyone else. Now should we go tell master about the letter?" I asked as I stood up and helped her.

When she was standing up she got on her tip toes and kissed my cheek. I blushed even more red then I already was and we made our way to the master's office.

At the master's office.

When we got to the master's office I knocked on the door.

Makarov PoV

I heard a knock at my office door and I said 'come in' and I was surprised to see Laxus and even more surprised to see Lucy.

"Lucy sit down and what can I do for you two?" I asked and told them.

After Lucy sat down with help from Laxus, he gave me a letter and I read it. I was so angry that Jude Heartfilia would go out his way just to get Lucy back after twelve years of ignoring her.

"So it seems Jude Heartfilia is our enemy now. Are you alright with that Lucy?" I asked her.

"I don't care what happens to him after mom died he died along with her. So I'm fine with whatever we have to do." She said without any emotion on her face. I nodded to her. Then we walked out my office.