Chapter 5 - Friends?

Once I'm back from getting sushi with my friends I played in bed and thought about what Chris said. "She has a boyfriend."  Why did he care so much? He probably just didn't want me to be happy.

~~~~~ Time Skip cause idk what to say~~~~~

Tuesday 7:23

I wake up and don't hear my alarm. Weird... I look at the time "Seven twenty-three!" I almost yell. I jump out of bed and brush my teeth, brush my hair, put on mascara, and get dressed. I wear olive green baggy cargo jeans with a white crop top and a golden heart necklace. After I'm ready I put my AirPods in my backpack and run outside. It's 7:34. Thank god now I won't be late.

Once I'm at school I walk inside and go to art. I sit down next to Chris and pull out my paper while Chris pulls out his. I start to work on my sketch a little more and Chris works on his. "Okay class! Please remember this project is due tomorrow at the end of class!" "TOMORROW? WHAT?!" The whole class is in a commotion and the teacher doesn't even listen. "Ummm y/n" Chris says sounding slightly nervous. "What Chris?" "Um do you wanna work on this after school? We can go to our old spot in the woods?!" "Umm sure I'll text you after school..." great. now I have to deal with Chris after school, maybe it won't be to bad, maybe we can stop hating each other as much..

~After school~

I'm on FaceTime with Nic talking about this whole thing with Chris "Y/n it might not be that bad. Maybe you guys can get over hating each other!" Nic says. He's never liked that me and Chris don't like eachother but who can blame him? "I might bring it up but idk" I shrug and get a text from Chris "Speak of the devil" I say opening his text. "Did he text you? What does it say?" "All he said was; I'm on my way to the spot right now c u soon. Looks like I gotta go Nic"

"Spot? What sp-" he was cut off by the hang up noise. I grab my backpack and keys and start driving to the woods. Once I'm there I go to the oak tree and sure enough he's there sketching. "Hey..." "Oh hey y/n." He says blandly not even looking at me "Rude" I say under my breath "I'm not being rude y/n get over yourself." "Whatever." "Just be quiet your voice is so annoying." "Chris why do you hate me?" My hand flies over my mouth and my eyes widen. "W-what?" "Nevermind, idk why I asked." I rubbed my neck akwardly and we just sit there.

~Chris' POV~

The only reason I "hate" her is because in middle school she started getting closer to Nick than she was with me. I got jealous and started being a dick to her. "In middle school you were closer with Nic than me so I got jealous." I randomly blurt out. "What? Chris the only reason I was so close with Nick is because-" "No y/n you don't have to explain it's alright I was just jealous and I didn't know how to react so I was a dick."
"I'm so sorry I didn't know you felt that way. She says guilt in her expression. "It's okay I promise... do you think we could try again?" I ask. "... sure, why not." She shrugs and scoots a little closer and we start talking about the project.

~Y/n pov at ur house~

I'm texting Chris and laughing so hard we keep joking around and I'm so glad we're friends again.

Chris

Hey Ik we just started
being friends again but
do you wanna hangout
tomorrow at our spot?

Yeah! I wanna catch up
it's been forever!

Okay, I'll see you at 5?

I'll be there!

See you y/n

See you Chris!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-7:00 AM Wednesday~

I wake up feeling happier then ever. Me and my best friend have re-united and it's all because of an art project.

I get up and walk over to my vanity and put on concealer, highlighter, mascara, and chap stick.
After, I brush my teeth and get dressed into black baggy jeans and a ransom shirt with a silver necklace and quartz earrings.

Once I'm ready I put my things in my bag and go downstairs. 7:31, I grab my keys and get in the car putting on music RAGE! By Lil Skies comes on (Iykyk)

Once I'm at school I walk in to art actually happy to sit next to Chris."Hey Chris!" "Oh hey y/n!" I sit down and say "So, I had an idea.." "Oooo what is it?" Chris puts his elbows on his knees and leans forward "What if we pretend to still hate each other inferont of Matt and Nic to see which one of them figures it out sooner, like a game!" "I'm down! Wait, how are we gonna hangout then?" "We can just say we're working on the project!" "Okay, speaking of the project, lets compare our ideas."

A/N: YAYYYYY THE STORY IS DEVOLOPINGGG. Sorry this is so short I'm soooo unmotivated

Word count: 839