14.

____

FOURTEEN:
THE SORCERERS STONE

Spring arrived sooner than Elsie would have liked. The school year was already coming to a close, meaning the final exams were just around the corner. Elsie was slightly worried, but she was confident enough in her ability.

Hermione on the other hand stayed up late every night, reading over her notes and forcing Elsie to quiz her.

It was inescapable, even at meal time.

"Look at you playing with your cards, pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon." Hermione scoffed at Ron who rolled his eyes and fumbled with the chocolate frog package.

"I'm ready, ask me any question." Ron challenged.

"All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione questioned.

"Uh- I forgot," Ron brushed it off.

"Sometimes I wonder how he wasn't sorted to Ravenclaw," Elsie muttered jokingly to Harry who snorted.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" Hermione crossed her arms and stared the boy down.

Ron shrugged, "Copy off you?"

Hermione sighed in annoyance, "No, you won't! Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" Ron shook his head and opened the chocolate frog to examine the card. "Dumbledore again," He groaned.

A ruckus from the front of the Great Hall alerted the first year Gryffindors eyes to the front. Neville had his legs stuck together and was attempting to hop over to them.

"Leg-locker curse," Ron muttered to them.

"Malfoy," Harry shook his head. Elsie frowned and sent the blood git across the hall a glare. In return he smirked and laughed with his stupid friends.

"You've gotta start standing up for yourself Neville." Ron sighed as Neville stood before them.

"How? I can barely stand at all." Neville stated while wobbling uncontrollably.

Seamus pulled his wand out eagerly, "I'll do the counter curse!"

Elsie shook her head intensely, "I'm not sure Neville would enjoy being burnt to a crisp,"

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Jones. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" Seamus angrily stood and stalked off revealing a very noticeable bald spot in the back of his head.

"I found him!" Harry suddenly exclaimed while passing the chocolate frog card to the others.

Ron cleared his throat and read aloud, "Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!'

"Nicholas Flamel!" Elsie exclaimed grabbing the card to read it for herself.

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Harry explained recalling all the sweets he had bought.

Hermione grinned and stood up, "Follow me!" The three stood to follow her.

"Hey wait! Whats the counter curse?" Neville struggled to bounce after them, but failed and toppled over.