7.

____

SEVEN:
TRIPLE TROUBLE

When Elsie exited the professors office she was greeted with the sights of students and ghosts in the hall. She assumed the classes had ended.

Feeling exhausted after her long day of classes, Elsie decided she would go back to the common room and get ready for dinner.

While she walked she heard some students whispering. "Did you hear? Harry Potter is the knew Gryffindor seeker!" Elsie perked up at this, Harry must have been pretty good at flying.

As if on cue Harry Ron and Hermione turned the corner in front of her at that exact moment. "Hey guys!" Elsie greeted.

"There you are! Did you get in much trouble?" Ron asked falling into line with her.

"No," Elsie paused, Dumbledore hadn't told her to keep her situation a secret, but did she want people to know? "They just asked me some dumb questions. So Harry is it true you're on the Quidditch team?"

"Yeah, Draco was being a prick and flew off with something of Nevilles so I got on my broom and got it back. I didn't even know I did good," Harry explained.

"Well of course you did good! Your dad was also on the team!" Hermione exclaimed.

The group was walking up the stairs now. "I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do!" Ron shook his head.

"At this point who doesn't." Harry sighed.

"Well if it makes you feel any better I don't-" Elsie was cut off but the stairs case lurching.

"Ahhh!" Ron cried gripping the railing for dear life.

"Whats happening!" Elsie yelled in fear.

"The stair cases change, remember?" Hermione gasped as the stair case came to a stop, this time at a new corridor.

Harry grabbed Elsies arm to steady himself, "Lets go this way," He breathed not noticing the girls pink face.

"Yeah before the stair case changes again." Ron mumbled leading the way into the new door.

It was dark, only lit by a lone torch. There were suits of armor but other than that the corridor seemed deserted.

"This is nice," Elsie murmured scuffing some of the dust with her shoe.

"Does anyone else feel like we aren't supposed to be here?" Harry asked looking around warily.

"Thats because we aren't, this is the 3rd floor, it's forbidden!" Hermione exclaimed. Elsie vaguely remembered Dumbledore stating the fact.

"Oh no," Ron groaned. Elsie turned and saw Filches cat Mrs. Norris, staring her beady yellow eyes at them.

Elsie hadn't been at Hogwarts too long but she knew where were Mrs. Norris was, Filch wasn't too far behind.

"Run!" Harry ordered leading the group down the dark corridor.

As they ran the torches flickered on causing light to guide them. Elsie didn't stop to examine her surroundings or look back to see if they were being followed, she just ran.

Soon they came upon a door. Ron ran forward and tugged on it, but it wouldn't budge. "Its locked!" Harry groaned.

"Oh we're done for!" Ron cried.

"Oh move over!" Hermione pushed the two aside and took out her wand. "Alohamora."

The door clicked and the bushy haired girl pushed the door open. The four quickly piled inside and slammed it shut.