Episode 37.5: A Trip Down Memory Lane

The hours rolled by, filled with the hilarity of watching the antics of another dimension, until the sun set beyond the skyline, not that anyone could tell in the Man Cave.

Curled and snuggled on the couch, the little family kept the jokes, drinks, and laughter flowing long after Schwoz had to close the tear in time. Something about risking blowing a hole in the universe if he let them watch any longer, so, much to their disappointment, no more entertainment for them.

By nine, (y/n) ordered that it was time for the kids to head home, knowing they had another day of work in the morning, and she didn't want them to be late. That was nonsense; everyone knew she hated the idea of them walking home in the dark, telling them to stick together and ensure everyone was escorted to the door. They weren't babies anymore, but they were her babies, and that was all that mattered.

After giving their favourite sweet girl one last hug for the night, Henry, Jasper, Piper, and Charlotte left, heading up and into Junk-N-Stuff while Schwoz and the couple were left to clean up. How could four teenagers make so much mess? Popcorn, candy, and soda cans were scattered everywhere, even where people hadn't been sitting. It baffled (y/n), who was exhausted when she and Ray retired to their bedroom for the night.

"Tired, sweet girl?" Ray asked as he unbuttoned his shirt, hearing her yawn from where she sat at her vanity unit. Taking off the minimal makeup she wore wasn't particularly interesting, but it didn't warrant her yawning, so he knew he needed to get her tucked up in bed soon. That could have something to do with him; after all, he had her up early that day with a...personal problem.

"Hmmm?" The heroine hummed sleepily, finding his gaze in the mirror as she rubbed her forehead with a cotton pad doused in remover. It had been a long day, made even longer by flicking through various moments of their lives, so she had to think for a minute before his question caught up with her.

"Oh...yeah. Need sleep, doof."

"Long day, huh?" Ray smiled, shrugging his tight, navy blue shirt from his shoulders to expose the delicious expanse of his chiselled chest. He was so unbelievably hot, but to her disappointment and frustration, (y/n) couldn't find it in herself to jump his bones, the need to snooze screaming louder than any other instinct.

Long day...yeah, he could say that.

"Mhmm...I can't believe it's been nearly five years since Henry came here. It only feels like yesterday when he was still my lil baby," she smiled sadly, not wanting to cry again, but it felt like she'd blinked and missed everything, despite having lived it.

Is this how parents feel about their actual children? One minute, they're gangly, awkward preteens, and the next, they're adults, more focused on flying the nest than staying home. She couldn't hold on forever, but suddenly, everything had come at once, and she wasn't sure if she wanted things to change.

"Yeah, the kid's gotten taller than me. When did that happen?" Ray joked as he stepped out of his jeans, making the woman chuckle at how he puffed his cheeks out like he was mad. It didn't matter - Henry was tall but still needed to muscle up, whilst his boss was perfect just the way he was. So perfect in her eyes...

Seeing his body stretch and ripple in the soft, honey-coloured light emitting from their bedside lamp eased her heartache, knowing that Ray always stayed the same while everyone changed around her. Not in a wrong way, just that she could close her eyes and expect to see the same crystalline clue looking back at her with the same love they'd always held.

Everyone always said Captain Man was a flight risk. Yet, he was dependable to her, holding her through everything and sticking by her side. The one constant in her life.

Captain Man x Reader | Henry Danger Reader Insert: SEASON 5On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara