Episode 29: EnvyGram Wall

"Right and left, and up, and in. Folding napkins for the win!"

Well, it was nice to see someone was in a good mood. The same, however, couldn't be said for (y/n), but she had an excellent reason for it.

Mom Con. The two words sent shivers up her spine and plastered a deep, foreboding frown on her face because she hated it passionately. Only because Ray loved it...passionately.

How could he not? It was like his heaven, a seemingly never-ending weekend where the hottest moms in Swellview got together to do mom stuff - like being hot.

When they flocked for free parenting tips, bad haircuts and cappuccinos, he was there like a vulture, snapping up whatever they gave him because this was his annual pilgrimage, and he was always eager to offer his respects. If only that were all he offered. It was all right when he was a single man - he was just a bachelor frolicking amongst his "type", but things were different now. He was a taken man with an all-too-breakable heart following along behind him.

It was safe to say (y/n) hated the whole thing. Completely despised it. The mere mention of it was enough to make the heroine grumble and sulk, so when Ray, blessed with his innocent ignorance, bounded up to her telling her about his fun-filled weekend plans, she stomped off to the Man Cave before she had to call the wedding off.

Call her dramatic, but Mom Con sucked.

"Hey, (y/n/n). What's with the face?" Charlotte asked as she barrelled out of the elevator with a face like thunder. She never got angry, not really. She got grumpy when tired, tetchy when someone made a mess, and touchy no one listened to her, so seeing her jaw clenched and arms folded spoke volumes.

"Him!" She spat, failing to elaborate on the teens, who'd been peacefully folding napkins for the needy before the storm came in. (y/n) was like the sunshine kid, not a moody little rain cloud, but then it all made sense when Ray skipped out of the elevator behind her, oblivious and exuberant.

"What's up?"

"Hey!" the kids greeted their boss, feeling slightly awkward as the man jumped up and down like an excitable child whilst his sweet girl stood there like the mere sight of him irritated her. Honestly, he had no right looking so handsome in that stupid shirt, but as much as she wanted to jump him, (y/n) knew why he was so giddy.

"Right and left, and up, and in. Folding napkins for the win!--Hey!" They went again, using their clever method to get the napkin neatly folded every time, but Ray was too impatient.

With a fell swoop, he brushed a pile onto the floor, ruining their perfection and worsening (y/n)'s mood even more. She hated messes in her Man Cave...

"Okay, fine! I'll tell you!" He exclaimed, holding his hands up, despite being anything but innocent as he interrupted their angry grumbles. Did he know how long they'd spent on those napkins?

"Tell us what?" Charlotte asked, glancing between the couple, who were unusually distant and out of synch somehow. Whatever had distracted Ray from his fiancée had to be huge; otherwise, he'd screw all of them and be all over her instead.

"Wait for it..." The heroine muttered, rolling her eyes, but behind the annoyance she tried to portray, there was sadness - deep mourning like something was bothering her, yet she covered it up by lashing out.

"Captain Man, Miss Danger, and Kid Danger just got hired to work security at...Mom Connnn!" Ray screamed, kicking his legs out and punching the air in victory as the kids watched stoutly. If Mom Con brought their friend annoyance and heartache, it would bring them misery, watching Ray drool over the event and mark it on his calendar every year whilst she moped.