Episode 13: Secret Room

~The Man Cave~

Oh, Ray was gonna kill him for this. That is, if (y/n) didn't get to him first.

The trio of heroes were out on a mission—what was new? Nothing much. Arson Boy had gotten trigger-happy with his flamethrower again and the Swellview Police were scared of fire, so as usual, Captain Man and his sidekicks had to go and stop him from burning the city down. Which was fine, a little dangerous for Henry since he could be toasted, but it was nothing they couldn't handle, just a little time-consuming perhaps.

That's where Schwoz and his master plan came in.

The minute the call had come in and the terrified citizen said "Arson Boy", he'd waved Ray, (y/n) and Henry off quicker than ever before because he needed them out of the way for the big idea that had taken months in the planning, that was nearly impossible to sneak in, that he would be throttled for if his boss found out prematurely. You wouldn't think his family coming to visit would be a bad thing but oh god, it was.

There was Larry, the sweaty cousin, his four kids, and of course, Winnie—lovely, lovely Winnie. Winnie, the woman who looked like she'd win first prize in a dressage event...and not as the rider. With them gone, Schwoz had managed to get them in and settled in record time, with a little help from Jasper and Charlotte who wasn't particularly fussed about the utter chaos that then ensued. It made the place lively, even if Schwoz helping his sister jump over hurdles like a horse was a little weird.

He would get it eventually, though. It was inevitable that the leader and his sweet girl would return and see the utter shambles that was now the Man Cave; laundry drying across a washing line hung from the equipment, food and candy strewn across the floor, children running riot, luggage dumped wherever, a board game on the go at the couch table and the blatant weirdness of a horsewoman trying to live out her horsey ways.

It was pure bedlam, as they were about to see. Cue the tube dropping.

"That's why kids shouldn't play with flamethrowers."

"Correct, doofus."

"You're telling me, dude—hey! Hey!" Upon re-entering their home, the heroes were engaged in friendly chat, chipper despite being singed all over from a few close brushes with Arson Boy's fire.

They smelled like a bonfire and were eager to get clean and changed before any real relaxing began but as they walked down the steps, they were so distracted by their light banter that they were clotheslined by the laundry. What the hell was going on?

"Hey, guys!"

"Glad you're alive..." Jasper and Charlotte greeted them, which would've been a nice gesture had it been said with any interest. They couldn't tear their eyes away from the Western-themed game they were playing, so it just came out as dry and uninterested—a formality that they had to put up with. But Ray and (y/n) weren't too bothered about that, the thing that was screaming out to them was that in the few hours they'd been gone, their home had turned into a delinquent's den.

"Schwoz, what the hell is this?" (y/n) asked angrily with confusion written across her face when Winnie...whinnied in it. Henry tripped over the discarded suitcases that had been carelessly left in front of the stairs as Ray lifted the pesky clothesline for his girl to step under, lest she got twanged by it. Together, they looked across the room, then at each other, and then across the room again, taking in the mess, plus the uninvited guests, some of which were playing with the computer as if it didn't have access to some of the most important systems in the city.

"Who are all these weird-looking freaks?" Ray asked, not wanting to be mean but they did look very weird. Come on, even Schowz had admitted in the past that his sister was a freak, what with her cravings for sugar cubes and tendency to sleep standing up.