Episode 22: Henry Danger The Musical Part 2

*Thanks to @BuckeyeGirl2002 for the original lyrics.

"We′ve got breaking news!"

"Oh, good, what else can go wrong?" (y/n) sniffled as the news suddenly flashed up on one of the supercomputer's monitors - the same one that formally held the image of her beloved doofus.

Ray had been missing for nearly two hours, and even though that felt like nothing for Schwoz and the kids, it was practically a lifetime for the Man Cave's sweet girl. At least when she went out shopping or to the library or a cafe, she knew he was at home waiting for her; knowing Ray was in some godforsaken place and miles away made her heart hurt, and her eyes grew teary again.

No. Enough of that, silly girl. Now wasn't the time for crocodile tears - wherever Ray was, it would take all of her expertise, love and patience to bring him back. So, with a few rapid blinks, the heroine steeled herself and refocused on KLVY, where Trent and Mary sat with rigid backs and relaxed expressions.

"I'm Mary Debbie Gaperman!" Well, the people of Swellview had Mary to make them smile during a crisis, even if her companion was the rainstorm to her sunshine.

"That′s not the breaking news! It's about the musical curse we've been captured in," Trent corrected the woman, who always kept an aloof smile as he relayed the critical stuff.

"Listen to these people who..."

"...Saw Captain Man as he ran.

"Just today--

"--Take it away, witnesses!" That made the group crowd around the supercomputer and sit up straighter. One mention of their hero's name and they were hooked, eager to find anything out since that might lead them to him before (y/n) had a breakdown. However, to their disappointment, it wasn't revolutionary - just the annoying vendors-turned-singers from the singing battle of Swellview Park.

"As we were driving to our shifts at the park! We saw the Captain in a mood most dark! And we could see...that he was trying to flee! He went beyond the Swellview border!" the quartet chirped, mimicking how they spotted Captain Man making his escape from the cursed city.

Great, now everyone knew that their protector had abandoned them, and they didn't know what for, which would lead to malicious gossip and conjecture. Where are you, doofus?

"Bravo!" Mary clapped and cheered, thoroughly impressed by their spirited performance. However, Trent was more preoccupied with a troubling thought that had escaped his ditzy colleague and slowly turned his concerned face toward her, making her energetic claps teeter out.

"Mary Debbie Gaperman, do you know what this means? Frankini cursed the town, and Captain Man has fled the scene!" he told her sharply, and Mary's face fell. Had captain man left them? He wouldn't do that, but it had to be true if witnesses saw him flee.

It was difficult for Henry, Jasper, (y/n), Charlotte and Schwoz to watch as their boss's name got dragged through the mud because they knew that he was in a very vulnerable place right now, without his soulmate, lost and weak.

Well, as weak as a six-foot, hundred-and-eighty-pound, needy man-child can get without his guiding light girl.

"That does sound bad!" Mary finished, the music in the background growing deep and foreboding at the prospect of Swellview fending for itself, but something strange happened. Like earlier, the news stopped and glitched for a fraction of a second before a new face appeared.

A face with painstakingly painted-on makeup, perfectly quiffed hair, another damn costume change and enough glitter to satisfy three dozen five-year-old girls.