Episode 8: Part 3: A New Hero

Call this the worst night...day...whatever, things were too dark and chaotic to distinguish. Long story short, the Man Cave was in turmoil.

Upon realising that one of their own was missing, Ray, Charlotte, Jasper, Henry and Shwoz, (but mainly Ray) descended into a mad scramble to try and find (y/n) or a light switch because either was vital at this moment. Henry had never seen his boss cry, not properly anyway, but he was sure that if that asshole Twitler hadn't killed the internet then he'd be seeing fat, uncontrollable tears, pale skin and a harrowed expression because that man didn't do well without his sweet girl.

No one could think of where she had gotten to, but their working hypothesis had to be that in the chaos of the blackout, Rick Twitler had pulled some barbaric trick to kidnap her since he was so sick and twisted.

It was one thing to try and ruin the world, but no one and Ray meant no one, took Captain Man's future wife without receiving a damn hard beating because she came above everyone and he wasn't below doing whatever to get her back by his side. However, to do that, it would've been good if they could see because y'know, rescues don't exactly work well in the dark.

"Dude, stop! We'll find (y/n)!" Henry yelled to Ray as they felt around the Man Cave blindly. He could feel the couch and trip over it, he could feel Charlotte's head and then trip over her foot and he could feel the floor...and then trip over his own feet. The place was a mess and he realised that he was never grateful for the gift of seeing until he couldn't.

Lights were good. He loved lights. Just like Ray loved (y/n) and was walking around in circles to try and find her, even though she wasn't there. He just didn't know what else to do.

"It's not okay, kid! I can't find her!" The hero yelled back from somewhere across the room and his friends could hear him knocking random stuff over as he clumsy searched for soft hair, soft lips and a small figure that fitted perfectly with his.

"What is happening?" Jasper asked as he fell on his butt from his bicycle because of some moving lump that felt like Henry or possibly Schwoz. This had been one big blur for him; one minute he was yanking bee stingers from his tongue in peace and the next, the world had gone to pot and the prettiest superhero in Swellview was a missing person. Remind him never to leave the room again.

"(y/n), I love you! Where are you, sweet girl?"

"Schwoz, turn the lights on!" Charlotte yelled to the genius across the room, who in the darkness, had been piecing together a makeshift generator that would hopefully give them the ability to see again, and soon Charlotte hoped. Normally, she wasn't one for romantic sentimentality or Ray's icky, gooey antics but even she had to admit that his howls and pining calls to his lover were heartbreaking. If she was worried, she couldn't imagine how he was feeling, the guy who'd rather die than live a day without her.

"Start pedalling!" He called to Jasper, who diligently did as he was told since Schwoz was clever and he wasn't. Something sciencey, something that (y/n) would understand if she was here since it was about kinetic energy becoming electrical energy when he made the wheels spin and something he didn't ask questions about because when he started working, the lights flickered and burst to life thanks to his effort. Wow, science was helpful sometimes, especially when it revealed how Ray had clung to his friends for support in the absence of his sweet girl.

Without her to hold and love, he'd found a semi-decent placebo in Henry, whose head he clutched to his chest and stroked as if his life depended on it. Charlotte, though, got the short stick and in his panic, he'd sat down thinking that he'd found a suspiciously low, hard stool that seemed to be...alive?

"Get off me!"

"How'd you get down there?" He asked the girl in surprise when he looked down and saw her looking none too happy about having his butt smushed against her head. She understood his grief but come on, she didn't want to be anywhere near...that. Not at all. Where was (y/n)? Didn't she know that she was needed?