Episode 28: Visible Brad (SMUT)

*Hello, friends.

Because I acted like a doofus, messing with the book covers a few times and giving everyone a headache (myself included), I present you with a peace offering. Smut at the end of the chapter, people.

It's not massively smutty, but I've had the idea for a while, and this seemed like a good time to use it :)

This episode was awkward to watch since TatiAHna is played by IRL Ray's (Cooper Barnes) wife, so the scenes with her were fun to type up. I'm simping over the man, and she's right there - but this is Ray and (y/n) we're talking about, and they fight criminals in red tights. Real life doesn't apply here.

Sorry for the confusion over the covers; the ones on now are permanent - I like them a lot :)

I'll tell you all when the smut starts.

Let's go, let's goooooo <3

~The Man Cave~

He was a sweetheart. A little misguided, perhaps, but an utter and total sweetheart.

Ray was in love. He swore he'd never be like all of those other guys - fools; he called them - who threw all their vocations away for a single glance from a pretty girl, who uprooted and disturbed their everyday lives just for a simple date - who, like him, were born ambitious and self-assured for a life of glory, only to disregard all of it when they found "the one".

"The one" had always been elusive, yet in front of his stupid face. She was quiet, shy and tentative, afraid to step on anyone's toes, least of all his when they first met. He was Captain Man, destined to be great and beloved by the city - a hero - so he focused on his image, operations and goals.

It wasn't until a while later that he realised that for all his ambitions, successes and missions, his greatest one was to be loved by her.

Underneath the red and blue spandex, when the city was saved, and the cameras moved on to the next big story, he was just a simple man. The only son from a broken family with no prospects other than the certainty he'd sell his soul to give her the best life, to make her feel safe, and to forget his search for glory and purpose because he found it with her.

To let him be the fool who would love her the most out of them all.

A single note from a pitch pipe rang out, signalling to the group assembled in front of Ray that their chorus was about to begin. A barbershop quartet, as it were, with Henry, Schwoz, Charlotte, and their enthusiastic leader dressed in crisp, starchy shirts, red Dickie bows, bright red and white pinstripe waistcoats, sleek trousers, perfectly shined shoes and quaint straws hats. Their outfits certainly brightened the spirits, even if they were hugely embarrassing.

For all his toughness, Ray was a romantic at heart - and it showed.

"And, five, six, seven, eight—"

"Ray, this is lame!" The teens and genius sang after the man counted them in. Their performance was admirable, but Ray didn't smile as they sank to one knee and shook their hats like an actual quartet. It was like a betrayal for the man since he'd asked them for a small, slightly humiliating favour for their favourite person in the Man Cave, and now, they were returning on their word.

"What?" He scoffed, looking like an adorable dork in the dapper, white shirt (y/n) had ironed for him that morning. If only she knew what it was for.

"And we all quiiiiiiit!" Henry finished, and the group turned to split before he had them snapping their fingers along to corny tunes and acting like morons. Maybe they had promised to help him woo his sweet girl, but in all the time they'd known her, the trio could swear she'd never shown an interest in anything like this. So, when Ray whined at them to help him out, it came as a surprise - a bothersome predicament.