12. Even If It's a Dream

Haeun POV

"JUNHO!!!!" I shout as I dash forward, ignoring Hansol.

"Haeun! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"Shua?!"

"Where are you right now? I'll come get you!" He sounds worried.

"Uhm, w-well... I am-!" I stutter as I am still running towards Junho's direction.

"Huh?" Someone turns his head towards me.

"Haeun!"

I pause and skid in front of him. "Huh?! Soonyoung!"

"This is a nice surprise. You've also come to hang out at the square, I see." Soonyoung smiles as he mutters his words.

"H-hey! Right now, I'm-!"

"Did you come by yourself?" He asks again.

"Uhh..." I take a quick glance at the entrance of the cathedral again to look for Junho but;

He's gone! He's not there anymore!

"Or are you here with someone-?" He said but was cut by Hansol.

"She's with me. Why do you ask?" He stands in front of me, extending his arms as if he is protecting me.

"HM?!"

Soonyoung's gaze changes and he put a cold expression, "Just the two of you?"

"Oh, no. The others also--"

"That's none of your business." Hansol cut my words again.

Suddenly, we heard a voice.

"Soonyoung-ah! Let's have a boat race!" Seungkwan mumbles as Seungcheol, Seokmin and him walks towards us.

When he see me, "Hey, Haeun! Great to see--"

"Haeun! Hansol! Are you all right?!" This time, Jihoon shouts. He and the others walk towards us.

"Jihoon!" I smile.

"Huh? What are they doing here?" He frowns when he saw the Greenwich Academy's students.

"Hi, Haeun." Joshua leans near me, before whispering on my left ear.

Not gonna lie, I flinch a little bit. "Shua?!"

"Sorry I'm late. I should've come earlier. I was worried about you."

"It's okay. The others came to help me, so--"

"What makes you ask if she's okay?" Soonyoung suddenly mumbles as he cuts my words.

What?

I turn my head towards him, "Oh, you see... I bumped into a vampire earlier."

He is surprised, I can see it from his face. "What?! A vampire?!"

"In broad daylight? At the square?" Seungkwan interferes.

"Where is it now?!" Seungcheol grits his teeth.

"Don't worry, we took care of it." Wonwoo mutters.

Soonyoung scoffs as he looks to them, "Duh, of course you should've. If it were us, Haeun wouldn't have been in damger in the first place."

Wonwoo turns mad as he hears his words, "What?! Why you little-!"

"Calm down, Wonwoo." Chan grabs his shoulder to calm him down.

"Don't hang with these guys, Haeun." Soonyoung looks at me.

"Wh-why?"

"I'm saying this for your sake."

Seungkwan nods, "He's right, Haeun. Why don't you hang out with us next weekend?"

"No way! Haeun has plans with us next weekend too!" Jihoon grabs my shoulder as he sticks his tongue out.

Uh... I do?

Seungkwan smiles through the pain as he adjusts his cap due to frustration. "Is that so? We'll see you the week after that, then!"

"We also have plans then, and the week after that! Every single week, for the rest of our lives." Jihoon smile widely.

As we know, they bicker like a children again.

"Stop lying, you little brat!!" Seungkwan bursts.

"Right back at you!!" Woozi said.

"Urgh!! Well, I say right back at you!!" Seungkwan replies.

Chan and Soonyoung decides to end that fight by keeping them away from each other.

Then, Jihoon turns towards me. "But seriously Haeun, we're having our birthday party in three weeks. You'll come, right?"

I nod. "Yeah, I wouldn't miss your birthday...!"

Seungkwan gets taken aback, "Hey! You just made that up, didn't you?!"

"Nope. Feel free to come if you want proof, loser." He mocks Seungkwan again.

"As if!"

Ssungcheol adds, "There's no chance of us going to celebrate your birthday!"

I step forward, "It'd be nice if you guys can come."

"We'll definitely be there." Seungkwan changes.

"Send us the invitation!" Seungcheol smiles.

*****

It was night time and Haeun is ready to sleep in her room, as she wraps the blanket, covering her whole body.

That guy I saw back at the square... I couldn't gelp but think Junho would've looked like him if he had still been alive. But, Junho was...

I'm sure I was mistaken. It must've been someone who looked like him.

No way! That can't be it! There's no way I wouldn't recongnize you. Junho!!! Were you alive?! But how?! If so, why you'd never look for me all this time?! Why did you just disappear today?

No, none of that matters. As long as you're alive!!

I cry as I slowly driven to sleep. After a few minutes, I am dozed off on my bed. But, I'm having a dream. I was at the beach and there is...

Junho?! In front of me?!

"Junho?!" I shout as he turns his head, looking at me.

"Junho... It's me, Haeun! Do you remember me...?" I cry in desperation.

"We used to be best friends! We played together every single day! You told me you trust me. You even told me to bite your neck!" I cry even harder.

Then, he smiles. "Yeah... Of course I remember you. I missed you, Haeun."

Suddenly, I jolt and wake up. I open my eyes wide as tears keep rolling down from my eyes.

Was that... a dream? Another one of those vivid dreams?!

Of course it is. There's no way you'd actually be there. I know that. I know well enough that this is all a dream!

But my body says otherwise. I get up from my bed as I st my steps to the beach near the academy, but of course. There's nobody there.

Wh-why is it so dark tonight? There's supposed to be a full moon. But the moonlight is so dim...

"AWOOO!!!" Crap. That's a sound of a howl. I flinch at the sudden voice.

I turn my head as I see a shadow of dogs? Fox?

"T-that scared me...! What are they? Stray dogs?" I whisper to myself.

"GRRR!" The stray dogs look at me with a shining eyes.

No... They're much bigger than dogs.

Out of the blue, there's someone familiar here, standing in front of me.

"Haeun? Why are you out here at this hour...?"

"Soonyoung?!" I shout in shock.