25. Their Purpose

Haeun POV

"If it wasn't a dream... was I sleepwalking?" I whisper the last part, looking at Mingyu.

Without waiting for his response, I continue.

"B-but time doesn't add up for me to have been sleepwalking. I met Junho at the beach square in my dream. I couldn't have traveled that far in such a short time! Also, my change of bumping into Junho there would be zero. None of it would make sense unless it was a dream..."

Then, Mingyu stops my words. "Don't think too much about it. If he ever shows up again, I'll--"

He stops, his eyes widen before continuing. "No, I mean!! We!! We'll... do everything we can!!"

I smile looking at him, "Thanks, Mingyu. For last time, and for this time."

"Forget it! Now go to bed. I'm gonna get going too." He said, shrugging.

"Okay. Goodnight, Mingyu."

Mingyu POV

Haeun's room door closes, making a soft thunk sound. I sigh as I took a split second to look at her door before turning away. I surprise as I see Soonyoung and Seokmin in front of me.

"What are you doing at our school this late at that?" I glare at them, gritting my teeth.

"Hey, Mingyu. Good to see you." Seokmin smiles and I heard Soonyoung scoffs.

"Why are you here?!" I raise my tone.

Soonyoung looks at me, "Mind your own business. What we're here for has nothing to do with you."

"We just stopped by to make sure Haeun is okay. Some weirdo is after her, as you know." Seokmin chuckles awkwardly.

I scoff, "Oh yeah? We'll take care of Haeun, so beat it!"

"And you expect us to trust you? How many times has Haeun been in danger because of you vampires?" Soonyoung said and that burns me.

"What'd you say?! You little-!!"

Seokmin quickly gets between us, holding me and Soonyoung so that we won't be fighting here.

"Enough, both of you. Haeun might hear us. Try to get along with your own people." Seokmin look at me as he said the last sentence.

I frown, "Your "own people"? Says who?! I'm a vampire!"

Soonyoung nods, "Yes. And so were they."

"We're not like them."

"You say that... but to others, all vampires are the same."

His words stops me, I grit my teeth as my fists clenched.

"You think... we chose to become vampires?!" I said and they both look at me.

"We were born at an orphanage. Well, actually... I'm not sure if we were born there or made there. But we've been vampires for as long as we can remember!"

Soonyoung's face drops as he clicks his tongue.

"All seven of us had been locked in an orphanage called the Oakwood House. It was an only an orphanage in name and practically a prison. We grew up under the tight control of the principal who watched our every move. We didn't interact with anyone outside the orphanage so we learned we were vampires years later. After living under constant surveillance for years... we finally managed to escape that miserable place. Unlike other vampires, we're not affected by sunlight and only drink blood once a year. We're not responsible for the recent murder! We don't drink human blood!" I yell, assuring them and telling them the truth.

Seokmin then replies, "About that murder, the victim looked a lot like Haeun. Perhaps the vampires we fought the other day killed her while looking for Haeun."

Soonyoung and I click and seems to realise something simultaneously.

"Several werewolves have gone missing in the last few years. Perhaps they're behind this as well..." Soonyoung said.

"I don't know what it is, but they must have a purpose." Seokmin adds.

"He'll come back for Haeun, I'm sure of it. We can't put Haeun in danger again." Soonyoung said and I chuckle.

"I agree, but it has nothing to do with you--"

"It does." He mumbles in a low voice.

My eyes widen as I turn my head at him, "Huh?"

"Because I like Haeun."

"You what?!" I shout out of shock.

"For real?!" We heard a voice and it's coming from... Haeun's room.

Author POV

"What the...?" Mingyu mumbles.

Soonyoung blushes as his cheeks turn red, "H-haeun?! Have you been listening?"

"S-sorry... I didn't mean to! But I couldn't help it..." Haeun stutters.

That reminds her...

"During a lunar eclipse, werewolves fall in love... with the first person they see that night."

Soonyoung walks to in front of Haeun's room. "Haeun. I mean what I said. Werewolves love only one person for their entire lives. And now... I can't love anyone else but you for the rest of my life."

"The nightball games are coming up soon. I hope you root for me then. I'm sorry for throwing this at you. I'll get going now. Goodnight, Haeun." Soonyoung let out a deep sigh but his words full of hope.

Then, Soonyoung and Seokmin walks away, leaving Mingyu in shock and disbelief.

"Wh-what... What was all that?!" Mingyu yells before hears Hansol's voice in his head.

"Mingyu!" Hansol shouts.

Hansol...?!

"Mingyu, where are you?! Come to our room, now!" It sounds important.

"Huh? Why? What's going on?!" Mingyu asks.

Hansol mumbles in a low voice, "We've got a visitor. Kyungmi, the principal of our old orphanage..."

"Is here."