28. Get Set, Go!

Haeun POV

It's night time again at Elvesburgh Academy which means it's the time for me to go to my class. I open the door, shock as I see Joshua's standing in front of my room.

"Um... Hi, Shua." I smile.

"Hi, Haeun. I was waiting for you so that we can walk to class together. Is that okay?" He asks.

I nod, "Huh? Oh, s-sure. That sounds good."

We start walking, leaving the dorm's building. We walk along the corridor with Joshua's beside me, smiling sweetly.

For some reason since that night, the night where he bites my neck, I've felt awkward being alone with Joshua. Am I being too self-conscious?

I glance at him but suddenly, he glances at me as well. I was taken aback as I stutter.

"Hey, Haeun." He said.

"Huh? Yes? What's up?"

"Do you have plans after class?" He asks.

"Oh. Uh... Not much. Why?" I reply and he looks relieved. It's like I give a response that he wants.

"Oh. Do you want to come and hang out while we prep for the game?"

A wide smile grew on my face, "Huh? Sure! I'd love to! The game starts soon, right?"

"Yeah. Will you come to cheer on us?" He asks.

"Of course I will-!" I stop. Wait...

"The nightball games are coming up soon. I hope you root for me then." - Soonyoung

Soonyoung asks me the same thing.

My thought was disturbs by Joshua's voice, "I'll do my best for you, Haeun."

"Huh? Oh...! Th-thanks." I chuckle awkwardly.

What should I do? Both of them are good friends of mine.

*****

Author POV

Ding Dong! The sound of the bell rings and echoes around the hall. The classes end and Haeun starts walking back to her dorm, fidgeting her finger on her forehead.

"I've racked my brain the entire class session, and I still don't know what to do. Which side should I root for--"

"Excuse me." A woman's voice disturbs Haeun's thoughts. It sounds like an old woman's voice though which she never heard before.

"Huh?" She flinches, turning back.

"Me? Who is it?"

"Yes?"

It's neither an old woman nor a woman. Instead, it's Joshua.

"Hey, Haeun!"

"Uh... Oh, Shua."

He looks at me, smiling. "You said you'd watch the game tonight. I wanted to walk to the stadium with you."

"Oh, I thought someone was talking to me." I took a quick glance behind him, spot an old woman at the end of the corridor, wearing a black fedora and a long brown coat.

"Really? Who?" Joshua quickly grabs my shoulder, pushing me from behind so that I keep walking. "I don't see anyone there. Are you sure they were talking to you? Let's go."

"H-huh? O-okay." Haeun shrugs.

*****

The day has finally come, the day where  the nightball competition takes place. And there is Haeun, standing at the middle of the bleachers. She's having a dilemma whether to sit at Elvesburgh or Greenwich's seat.

The spotlight lights up the stadium, highlighting the two team at the field. It's finally the time where the two school rivals will be competing.

"I'm impressed that you made it to the finals." Seungkwan smirks.

Hansol scoffs while smiling, "Well, are you sure you'll stand a chance with your line-up? I heard that your brothers are coming back."

"We can easily handle you guys." Seungcheol grits his teeth.

Wonwoo chuckles, giving them a thumbs down. "Thanks in advance for letting us win."

Jihoon spots Haeun at the bleachers, smiling as he waves his hand towards her to gain Haeun's attention.

"Uh... Haeun! Haeun! Our fans are over there! You can cheer for us in that section!" He points towards the left.

Haeun fidgets her index fingers together, chuckling awkwardly. "Uh..."

"Haeun... This victory is for you! Junhui... and Minghao. I wish you were here. You told us you'd come back. How come I haven't heard anything? I hope everything's okay--" Soonyoung whispers to himself.

"Ready!" The referee said, putting he whistle on his mouth.

"Three...! Two...! One!" He counts and blows the whistle, starting the game.