4. One Step Back, Two Steps Forward

Haeun POV

"Do you even know my name?" Mingyu asks me while forcing me to get pinned onto the door.

"Wh-what...?! Uhm... Well, i-it's Mingyu, isn't it? I know that's how everyone calls you!" I force a smile.

"All right, then." He scoffs and turn his head, walk away from me.

"W-wait!" I said, stopping him in his track and he looks towards me.

"Thank you for earlier." I smile at him.

"For what?"

"For pulling me back... when that ball almost hit me back at the field."

He seems to be taken aback by my words, "I didn't do that to save you! I was just brushing the dust off your jacket!"

That's still sweet though...?

"Well, thanks anyway. I hope we can be friends--"

"Don't even think about hanging out with us." Mingyu cuts my words.

"What?!" I said, looking at him straight into his eyes.

"We don't hang out with other people..."

"Especially you." He stops, thinking about he just said to me.

There's something... strange about you, Mingyu. I feel a strong sense of attraction for some reason.

He turns his head and walk away from me before mutters his last words, "Anyway, don't talk to us anymore!"

Joshua POV

"I get what you meant now." Jihoon says, looking at me.

"About that strange attraction..."

"Yeah. That girl, Haeun. She's definitely not our kind." Chan adds.

"I can't explain it, but I feel as if some mysterious power is controlling my emotions."

Wonwoo put his hand on his chest, "Yeah, it's like..."

"Like you want to do everything she wants?" I mutter.

"That's it! That's exactly how it is!" The three of them said in unison.

"Whoa! Is this what they call love?" Jihoon holds his chest with his two hands.

"Have we all fallen in love?"

"There's no way we would feel such an emotion..." Chan laughs.

"He's right. Plus, it's something much stronger than that." Wonwoo adds.

Haeun POV

My eyes getting teary as my vision getting blurry because of my tears, sniffle a little bit.

"Ugh! What's with that face?!" Mingyu screams in... disgusted maybe.

"A-all right... I won't ever say hi to you again." I stutter.

"Okay fine! Do it! Say HI!" He shouts.

"I won't talk to you..."

"Talk to us! Whenever you want! Just do as you wish!" He screams in frustration.

He waits until the atmosphere become calm again and continues his words.

"Don't get the wrong idea. When I said you shouldn't hang out with us, it's not because I hate you." Mingyu explains.

"It's because... we're..." He bites his lips close and I look at him in coonfusion.

"Forget it! There's no point in telling you not to hang out with us anyway." He turns his body and walk away from me.

"The other guys won't listen to me anyway. So don't worry about what I said. See you. And... goodnight."

"Huh? Oh... G-goodnight... Mingyu..." I wave at him.

*****

I look at the mirror as I adjust my bowtie to the center of my uniform.

"All right. Finally, this day has come..." I mumble.

My first day of school at Elvesburgh Academy! Huh?!

"Let's go, Haeun." Joshua says as he was waiting for me in front of my room.

"H-huh? Go? With me? Where?!"

"I waited for you so we can go to the classroom together. You said we can be friends." He smiles.

"R-right..." I give him an awkward smile as we are walking through the corridor.

Is he worried that I might feel awkward being the new girl...? He's so nice.

When we arrived at the hallway where all of the classes located, he immediately got greeted right away by the other students.

"Joshua!"

"Hi, Josh!"

"Joshua, you're here!"

"Hey, Shua!"

"Josh!"

"Hi!" He smiles as he greets them all.

Whoa... Joshua's really popular. Well, that's not a surprise. He's so handsome and sweet. I guess he's nice to everyone.

"Haeun." He suddenly calls me with his soft voice.

I who was currently daydreaming jump a little by his call.

"Huh? Y-yeah?"

He leans towards me, specifically to my ear as he whispers something to me.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"What?! No! No, no, no! That's not it! It's not you!" I stutter.

"It's quite the opposite... I feel like I'm making you uncomfortable."

"You've all been close since you were little. I bet you don't like someone suddenly butting in.."

"What? Of course not. That's ridiculous!" He smiles.

"Did Mingyu say that?"

I am taken aback for real now, "N-no!"

Whoa! How did he know?!

"I'm sure he didn't mean any harm. Don't worry about it." He says, reassuring me with a small smile.

"Yeah, I know."

"The reason why Mingyu said that... isn't because of you."

Then, Mingyu's words flashes back in my mind.

"It's because... we're..."

"It's because we have a secret." Shua said.

DID HE JUST TALK IN MY HEAD?!

"W-wait a minute! Did you just... t-talk to me in my head?" I said in horror.

"Yeah, that's right. It's telepathy."

"I'm only telling you... because I trust you."

"Good luck in class, Haeun." He smiles.

"O-oh! Okay! You too!"

I said and we seperate. I was walking to the corner where my class is located. I took a glance at the sign 'Room 101'.

"Haeun! We're in the same class! I'm so excited!" Jihoon grins as he see me entering the class.

"Me too!" I smile.

What a relief! I have Jihoon in the same class!

"Haeun, come sit here! Right next to me!" He points towards his right. But, it's like it was taken because a few stationeries and some books are on the table.

"But... it's taken..." I said.

"Oh, it's fine!"

"I can tell Mingyu to sit somewhere else." He said.

Mingyu? Crap.

"What...?" I said, turning my head to the back.

Just to see Mingyu was standing behind me with a forced smile on his face, but he is ready to attack me anytime now.