8. Who in the World Are You?

??? POV

"I-I'm not one of you--"

"There no need to hide it. I saw everything just now. All that aside, how is a mix of vampire and a werewolf even possible?" This bastard laughs.

"The two races have been enemies, historically and innately. How in the world did it happen?"

"Why should I tell you?" I grit my teeth and look at him with hatred. This Seokmin guy.

He shrugs, "Well, you're not obligated to. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just asked out of curiosity."

Curiosity, my foot.

"Then tell me, what are you doing at our school, especially at this hour?!" I shout.

"Huh? We came to ask your group about something. You've heard about the recent murder, right? The victim was a student from our school."

"There was a sharp bite mark on his neck... and all the blood was completely drained out of his body."

"So?" I try not to burst.

"Are you suggesting that we did it?"

"I mean... in this area, your group is the only--"

"We don't do things like that!" I cut his words.

"I'd be lying if I said we never feel the urge but same goes for you, no?"

"Especially... on nights with a full moon like tonight."

"You're right. When the full moon is up, we feel stronger urge to return to our natural instincts. But we don't hurt humans."

"Neither do we. We're not like the other vampires!" I said.

"Actually, in our perspective the other vampires are not like us!"

"What makes you think you're different?" He asks. I swear I will slap this guy.

"You... wanted to know how I could be a mixed race, right?" I stutter.

"I can't answer that question. That's because... I also don't know how I came to exist. It's not just me. None of us do. It's as if... we were created somewhere or had woken up from a long dream. We ourselves can't......" I stop for a while.

"Anyway, that murder has nothing to do with us. People may lump us and the other vampires together, as all the same kind but we don't see them as one of us."

"You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. I'm not asking you to."

He sighs, "I hope you're telling the truth. After all, you're half us."

Seokmin smiles as he extends his arms, offering me a handshake.

"I... I'm..."

Then,

"Seokmin! Where are you?"

"Where did he go all by himself?!"

"Huh?" He flinches.

"Uh-oh. I should get going." He slides his hand down.

"Let's at least say hi... the next time we run into each other. See you and take care!" He says and walk away from me.

"Oh... As if!" I clench my fist hard, revealing the vein on my hands.

Haeun POV

"Thank you for walking me back." I say to Joshua, Hansol and Jeonghan when we reach in front of my room.

"Don't mention it. We should take out the trash together next time. Especially when it's this late at night." Joshua mutters.

"Hm? Sure. Sounds good."

"Ah, and you two are... Jeonghan and Hansol, right? Thank you for coming by earlier. You came over to help me after hearing all the ruckus, right?"

"Huh? Oh, yes." Hansol replies.

"That makes me wonder... how did you know I was there, Shua?" I turn my head, facing him.

"Uhm, I was just... passing by."

"Really? Well, thanks because you came over--" I pause.

Crap.

"You were saying?"

"N-never mind! G-good night, Shua!" I droop, looking at the floor.

I almost told him I was glad he came!

"A-and you too, Hansol and Jeonghan! Good night and thanks again!" I turn to the two figure after that.

"Uh... yeah, sure thing." Hansol said and Jeonghan nods.

Joshua smiles as he leans towards me closer, "Good night, Haeun."

"S-see you!" I said and quickly open my door as I slam it quickly, making a loud thunk sound.

Joshua POV

"JOSHUA! WHO ON EARTH IS SHE?!" Hansol and Jeonghan speaks in unison.

"W-whoa! She's Haeun, the new student who transferrred a few days ago. You two haven't met her before, right?" I laugh.

"What's her deal? She's definitely not an ordinary human!" Hansol says. Why is this guy using telepathy anyway?

"Jeonghan and I were walking back after nightball practice when I felt an unusually strong wave. It was kind of a dark fog with a little bit of purple gradient. That girl, Haeun, was in the center of it. It was such an overwhelming wave that I have neverv felt before." Hansol explains.

"He's right. When we were about to fight them, Haeun stopped us. We both completely froze up as if her words actually bound us." Jeonghan adds.

Hansol looks concerned, "Is she one of us?"

I looks down, "No, she's not. She told me that... she, more than anyone else in this world."

Haeun POV

I lean my back against the door as I gather my thoughts. Many flashbacks came to my mind after it.

"Why do you think we come here? You really thought we wouldn't have proof?"

What did Soonyoung mean by that? Are Joshua and his friends really involved in the incident?

"There was a murder nearby recently. Rumors say it was the work of a vampire."

I look down and let out a heavy sigh.

More than anyone else in the world... I hate.