11. The Target

Author POV

"JI-JIHOON!!!"

"Haeun, are you okay?!" He speaks in worried tone as he hardens his grab to the vampire's face.

"I-I was looking for you, but then suddenly--"

Before Haeun could finish my words, the vampire's eye flash in red before he zooms and roars towards Woozi. He uses his both hands to choke Woozi by the neck and slams him to the floor.

"Ack!"

"Jihoon!" Haeun grit my teeth as she dashes towards him.

Haeun throws a lunge towards him but unfortunately, he dodges her attack and step aside before trying to whap her in the face. But, someone grabs Haeun from behind.

"Huh?"

Wonwoo come and punches the vampire, making he thump on the floor.

While Hansol carries Haeun like a princess and levitate.

"What in the...? A-a princess carry?!"

"S-sorry! I was in a rush." He seems embarrassed lol.

"Oh, no worries! I must've been a princess in my past life." Haeun laugh.

Then, he lands back on the alleyway.

"Are you all right? Did you get hurt in any way?" Hansol asks.

"Wonwoo! Hansol!" Jihoon shouts in relief as they come.

Wonwoo turns his head to look at me. "Haeun, are you okay?!"

"Y-yeah. Thanks to Hansol." Haeun mumbles.

Just why is that punk wandering around such a crowded place before dark? Sure, this alley barely gets any sunlight and he's covered in clothing. But other than us, none of them can be active until it's completely dark outside. How come?!

The vampire open his mouth to mutter a sentence which haunts Haeun, "HAND ME THAT GIRL... NOW!!"

What?! Haeun?! W-was this whole thing planned...? They were after Haeun in the first place?! But why her-? This is bad!! There's more of them!

Indeed it is. More of them were behind them while showing their white sharp fangs.

"Wh-what are they...?!"

Wonwoo turns his head, "Hansol! Get Haeun out of here, right now! Get to a busy street!"

"Got it!" He responds and zooms towards the center of the square with all the vampires chases after us.

"Gahhh!"

Wh-what's going on?! Did he just teleport?! He also appeared out of nowhere... and carried me away earlier. Now, he's running at an incredible speed with me in his arms! Ugh, but I feel dizzy...!!

"W-wait! Hold on, Hansol!"

"Huh?" He speaks in confusion.

"I don't feel so good... I'm getting nauseous!" Haeun shouts.

On the other hand, Chan burns them with his fire, or should I say sizzles.

"Tell me who sent you. What do you want?"

"Aaarghh!!!" The vampire groans as he turns into an ashes.

"These are low-level vampires... that are barely conscious. There's no point in trying to have a conversation with them." Jeonghan mumbles.

"Where's Haeun?" Mingyu asks.

"Hansol took her to the square." Wonwoo replies.

Mingyu looks at Jihoon, "Jihoon! How could this happen?! Weren't you with her the whole time?!"

"Well... I left for a second to buy tickets. But when I came back, she was gone--" He said with a worried expression.

"Jihoon! You can't leave someone who doesn't know the area alone!" Mingyu complains as Jihoon looks down.

"That's enough, Mingyu. Who could've expected these punks to show up... right here at this time?" Chan says, trying to settle down the fight.

Then, Joshua uses his sword to stab the vampire right on the chest. "Plus, this wasn't a coincidence."

"They were looking for Haeun."

Haeun POV

"Ow, my head..." I mumble as I hold on the lamp post nearby. I don't feel good, my head is spinning.

"Uh... are you all right? S-sorry."

I huff, "Don't be. I've never traveled this way before, that's all..."

"Still, I wasn't considerate enough... D-do you want a piggy back ride?" Hansol fidget his index finger together.

"It's okay. I'll be fine. I just need some fresh air."

"Thank you, Hansol."

"What...?" He mumbles.

I turn to him with a bright smile, "Not just for today, but the other day as well. You came to help me everytime."

"Oh... of course."

"By the way, how did you know this time?"

"Know what?" He frowns.

"How did you know exactly where I was-?"

I stop. My eyes was freeze towards behind him, specifically at the entrance of the cathedral. Did I see the right thing? No, this can't be. Is it really him?

"Oh, that... you see... uh..." Vernon stutters as he rub his nape.

Wait.

"That's..." I mumble.

No way. This can't be. He raises his head... and see me while smiling.

"JUNHO?!" I shout.

"HAEUN!" Joshua calls me at the same time.