End of Arch 2: Chapter 26: The Grand Battle of the Canyon

A/N: See the end of the story for the author's note and for the future of this story. 

Enjoy!

The sound of metal against metal echoed through the rocky walls of the Grand Canyon. Shouts of pain, anger, and battle rang in the ears of everyone present. The thunderstorm and earthquake made the battle almost impossible, but the sheer determination of the demigods pushed them to not give up. 

"You think you can defeat me?" Perseus said in an incredulous tone. (A/N: Perseus will be the name for the doppelganger) 

Percy used his dagger to parry riptide before slashing Perseus' leg, but the monster was ready and jumped back from the slash. The son of Poseidon knew that in terms of skill, he was matched with Perseus knowing all of his moves and skills. 

"I will make you pay for all of the demigods and innocents that you and your bitches have killed," Percy snarled before jumping and slashing his dagger at his neck but Perseus ducked before slashing his own version of riptide across Percy's midsection but Percy used his sword to block the strike. 

"I still can't figure out how you are alive," Perseus pointed out as he sent a few slashes that Percy easily parried or avoided. "The moment you died I felt myself finally becoming full. I got all of your memories, powers, and skills. So how did you come back? It wasn't like the pesky Olympians would do it, Zeus wouldn't allow it and would just kill you once you come back. So how did you do it? I'm curious," 

Percy didn't care about his words and he definitely wasn't going to let him know that there was another player on the field. "That is none of your business," Percy growled before charging forward and trading a few blows with their swords that sent minor shockwaves across the area. 

A few meters away from them, the mortal goddess and her doppelganger were trading blows. Artemis could tell that they were almost equal in skill and strength, but she still had the upper hand since her doppelganger still wasn't completely her as Percy's doppelganger. 

"Look at you, Arty," They crossed swords and pushed against each other. "A maiden and man-hater for millennia to just drop it all the moment you became a mortal," She taunted before using the knife on her opposite hand to slash at the mortal goddess but Artemis was ready. 

Artemis twisted her body to the side before headbutting her copycat straight in the nose. She momentarily staggered back as she saw a few white spots in her vision but quickly blinked, getting rid of them. The doppelganger's nose was broken and black blood started coming out of it. She growled in annoyance and anger as she regained her footing as she felt lightheaded from the headbutt.

"You will pay for that, bitch!" The monster growled before charging at the mortal goddess. 

Artemis smirked and got ready for her attack. "Remember that you are me, so if I am a bitch," She started saying as she twisted her body and avoided a stab from the doppelganger's knife and slashed across her torso with her own. "You are also one," She finished with a kick that sent the copycat a couple of meters away from her. 

Just when she was about to charge at her doppelganger, she saw Percy or Perseus. She couldn't tell them apart since the doppelganger was copying her boyfriend's clothes and bronze chest plate. 

"Ugh," The raven-haired young adult groaned as he got up and noticed that he had landed on Artemis. "Artemis? No, it's her duplicate," 

That settled her doubts and immediately went up to him, but as she got near, she noticed her doppelganger sneaking her knife and immediately threw her own knife. Artemis saw as her silver knife flew through the air in the perfect direction towards her doppelganger's hand, but a sudden wall of ice in front of her stopped the knife and obscure her vision. Her heart drop the moment she heard a shout of pain from her boyfriend.