Chapter 2: Uncomfortable

Percy's POV

"What?!"

"Could you please not scream Perseus? It's kinda hard getting adjusted to a mortal body after being immortal for over 3,000 years." Artemis replied with both of her hands covering her ears. "Yes, before you start asking if it is true, yes, I and Apollo were made mortals for our actions during the war." 

I just sat there looking at her with wide eyes of astonishment for a couple of seconds before Artemis brought me back to reality by clearing her throat.

"Ahem!" 

"I'm sorry, is just that I can't wrap my head around the fact that not only Apollo was made a mortal but also you Milady." I responded while a walked to the restroom door to splash some water on my face to test if I wasn't dreaming. She sat there quietly for a minute before asking.

"What do you mean by you not wrapping your head around the fact that not only Apollo was made mortal?" She said while looking directly into my eyes making me feel nervous at my response even though I had nothing to worry about. "You see, Apollo came to my house a couple of months ago looking for my help because he was mortal. But you just said to me that it just happened a few hours ago." 

I looked at her face change drastically from emotionless to one of worried and confused. She sat up and immediately went to my right side wall looking at the calendar. She looks at the dates and flips back a couple of pages and looks intensely at the month of February for some reason. She then notices that I had crossed the dates with a blue marker and her face lost all blood. 

She looked back at me with a worried-paled face and opened her mouth for a few seconds before saying. "What day is it?" I looked at her curiously before responding. "It's June 28th milady." I responded and saw her eyes wide open and her eyes looking at the ground before coming towards me and grabbing my hand pulling me towards the door. 

"Wait Lady Artemis, but what is happening? Why are you all of the sudden dragging me with you?" I asked pretty concernedly and nervous at this point as she doing something to me even though she is mortal. Either way, she can look very intimidating and not forget about the fact of the things she could do to me after she becomes immortal again. 

"I am taking you with me to talk to Chiron talk about how I just lost over 4 months of time somewhere I don't even know! And also the fact that you may be the only one able to help me while I am mortal." She shouted and even dragged me with more force than before almost making me jump behind her. She looked completely furious and I do not want to know what she would do to me if I don't follow her to talk to Chiron. 

I followed her all the way to talk to Chiron ignoring all the glares and confusing looks that the campers were giving us. I did not judge them, they saw the 'mighty' twice savior of Olympus being dragged by an auburn-haired girl throughout camp with a look of terror on my face. After a couple of minutes of Artemis dragging me, we finally reached the Big House and Artemis just opened the door with such force that almost made the windows crack. 

"Chiron, we need to talk." Artemis demanded. She sat down on the couch and pulled me with her to sit opposite her. I just sat there waiting patiently before Chiron came through the door with his face showing confusion. 

"To what do I owe this pleasure of the visit, Percy and you young lady?" 

"Hello Chiron, we have things to discuss about Lady Artemis here." I responded trying to hide my scared face.

Time Skip

"So you are telling me that Lady Artemis was made a mortal just like Apollo, but she has been missing for 4 months?" Chiron asked with a visible face of him still trying to understand. "Yes Chiron, I don't know where I have been the last four months." Artemis responded with a poker face. 

"What if it was like me before the Giant War?" 

"What do you mean?" Artemis asked with a curious expression

"What I mean is that I was asleep for 8 months prior to going to the wolf house and New Room. I was asleep so that I wouldn't interfere with Hera's plans." I said the last part with a bit of anger and resentment. "So I was basically asleep these whole four months for what reason?" Artemis asked. "What if it was so that you wouldn't interfere with Apollo's mission? You being there would distract him and not let him focus on his mission." Chiron said as he positions himself back into his wheelchair.

"Maybe, but I still have a few things to do before anything else." Artemis said as she suspiciously eyed me for a couple of seconds. "Sure, what is it that you need to do Lady Artemis?" Chiron asked as he poured us a cup of tea to three of us. I got my drink and started drinking it without hesitation since hot or cold water doesn't really impact me. As I am drinking my tea, Artemis says something that almost made me spit my tea into her face. 

"The main thing is that I need a master of the opposite sex, just as Apollo." She said before taking a deep breath and looking right into my eyes. "I believe the best option would be Perseus." The moment she said my name I fought the urge to spit my tea into her. 

"What!?"